2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm driving down the road listening to AM740 and my radio went off and my truck said.. Mr. Hill... this is onstar... I was taken aback a bit and said my radio just went off... Then it said I'm sorry I hope it didn't startle you... We would like to tell you about your onstar svcs.... I said I'm driving right now could ya come back in a bit... Sure Mr. Hill Just push the onstar button when you are stopped...

Now I am just a little old fashined but my truck giving me advice is a little wierd... So I pushed the button when I was parked and they went thru thier sales pitch and wanted money for this feature and that.. I declined because It seems I get a YEAR OF THIS STUFF FREE... They asked for my email adress and said they would send me maintenance reports for my truck monthly... I asked what the little telephone button was for and they said thats your truck phone,, we will email you your trucks #...:cheers:
I got an email a bit later with my phone # and a warning that my right rear tire was at 29 psi..:eek:hwell:...
WIERD......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Now you screwed up. They can track your every move now. Their watching you even now!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!!

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
if you haven't had the truck very long, the cold weather will drop the psi in your tires and your monitoring system will drive you nuts till you air them up. we had onstar but they nickle and dime you to death. and if you don't use the phone minutes you lose them. the e-mails are nice, but their diagnostics didn't catch any of the problems i was having when the dash cluster went on the fritz. we kept getting service tire monitor sys., service air bag sys., and the oil low message. (it's an 07 z71) took them 4 days to find a replacement.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heck I'm gunna call my truck up in the mornin and tell it to warm itself up while i'm in the jon....:biggrin:

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get 60 free minutes for the first 60 days... That should get me thru this winter .. lol

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
If you have a Verizon phone you can add your truck as another phone. Then you share minutes on your Verizon account.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
Heck I'm gunna call my truck up in the mornin and tell it to warm itself up while i'm in the jon....:biggrin:
you didn't spring the dough to add remote start????? or in the case of a someone i know are you sure you don't have it? they had their truck over a year and one day said i wonder what this button on the keypad does? i've pressed it and it never works. so we showed him. i don't know how people ever lived with out remote start or internet on their phones....:rotfl:

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you didn't spring the dough to add remote start????? or in the case of a someone i know are you sure you don't have it? they had their truck over a year and one day said i wonder what this button on the keypad does? i've pressed it and it never works. so we showed him. i don't know how people ever lived with out remote start or internet on their phones....:rotfl:
Ok ya young whipper snapper... I used ta have to manually choke my vehicles...:biggrin:

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny Jim... These younguns now days have no idea do they.....

·
It's fish spelled backwards!
570 Posts
I just cancelled my onstar service. Had if free for the first year, but then it was going to be $20.95 per month to keep it going. It had: remote unlock, tracking if stolen, phone, diagnostics, auto notify of onstar if an airbag deployed, navigation.

I tried the navigation and they couldn't find the remote spot I was going to. Hung up on me. I used the phone, it came with 30 minutes or so, I bought an additional 100 minutes for $17.00 (I think) and used maybe 12 of the 130 minutes in the year. Always used the cell phone, but it was nice the couple of times that I had no cell service.

Upon canceling, I had options to keep specific services going for $12.95 per month. NO!

I never used it, decided it wasn't worth paying for. If it were much cheaper, maybe, but not for the price.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Comes standard even on the work trucks I buy for the company. They tried talking me into it at the dealership. I asked for a demo on the door unlock. The office guy had the phone in hand when my salesman mentioned they did not have power locks.
I had fun putting the salesman's cell number on the last 2 for the XM radio card. They will call relentlesly trying to get you to sign up for it as it's built in as well.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of OnStar, if your ever in a bad wreck it could save your life. A friend of mine had his truck for four days and a kid ran into him head on, my friend said before the air bags deflated after going off an OnStar operator was asking him if he needed any help. The operator notified emergency services and directed them to his location. It's hard to put a price on your life.
windjammer

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
JQ:

I'd duh been real pizzed when they interupted my AM740 (specially Rush).

You still got some pickled okra for me? If so, I need to come get it out of your way. If not, next year.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JQ:

I'd duh been real pizzed when they interupted my AM740 (specially Rush).

You still got some pickled okra for me? If so, I need to come get it out of your way. If not, next year.
You better hurry cuz they are lookin good...:smile:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts