·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
Fantastic
Way to go for you both...

·
Registered
162 Posts
i grew up hunting between bracketville and rocksprings in edwards county,i never laid eyes on a buck like that .YOU SHOULD BE A PROUD DAD,CONGRATS TO YOUR SON!!!!

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Nice buck young man. Dad, keep spending time with him and he can't get into much trouble.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great buck for junior...and most of all what an experience for dad...my son is 4 years old and already has the hunter instinct....thanksgiving weekend after the morning fire pit session we get in the stand....30 min later we see our first animal....my son looks at me and asks..."so you going to bust'em and give him a dirt nap"....kids will say the damnedest things....so the conversation begins that we don't shot every animal we see....

Our lease is in Edwards County as well...where about are you hunting...we have seen a few like him (heavy/dark horned and good mass) in the past few years....my policy is "if I'm not going to mount I don't shot for horns"....I've heard through the grapevine that I tick a few off on our lease with that motto....o'well, I can't eat the horns and I truly believe letting a few walk has improved the overall heard besides we can seem to get the doe quota off in a season

Junior has a trophy for sure....I bet dad heard the story all the way home and he still has a smile from ear to ear....great animal...and most of all a story of a lifetime…thank God for the next generation and the experiences relived from our dads….

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good job on both of you !!!!!how the boat doing ???you gettin ready
Phil,

We will stat getting ready this spring. Kids school has kind of put a crimp in winter fishing. Boats' fine. Are you going to fish this winter? Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrads to both of yall. Heck of a nice deer and will look pretty hanging on the wall. The memories made will last forever. Good Job Pops for getting your little one in the woods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts