2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my neighbor calls an says he called home and can't get a hold of his wife. I told him call my wife and have her go over and check on her. Turns out she was just in the shower and didn't here the phone. So, I go home early and pull in the driveway around 12pm and noticed my neighbor's garage doors closed. I thought that's strange, normally its wide open an the generator is on. I can't hear it because mine is running outside. I walk up to his garage and sure enough its running inside and the door is close. I immediately open it wide and pull the gen out. I get to the front door and check on his wife and baby. Turns out they were ok but had no idea. I had her air out the house and then lectured her and him when he got home about proper gen use.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Way To Go, Waypoint,

There has been to many close calls with the use of the generators (I am also currently using one) and I have treated more than just a few poisonings during my time as a Paramedic. When I got my generator I also purchased a CO monitor for the house as my wife and 1 yo are home while I'm at work. I have the generator in the back yard and would never place it in an closed or semi-closed area, back porch, gargage, or near where the window a/c unit is. CO is a real and unseen, tasted, and or smelled danger. IMHO, there should be a battery operated CO monitor included with every generator purchase. Again, Good Job, Waypoint.

·
Senior Mumbler
11,515 Posts
I had read where a dozen folks were treated at area hospitals b/c of carbon monoxide. Folks just don't realize that running a generator in their home is like sitting in a car while it's running with the garage doors closed.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I like my neighbors a lot, but some times, I feel like I'm my own little FEMA. Taking care of people to stupid or lazy to take care of themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts