2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want yall to know that I have been looking forward to this weekend for over two weeks now. Initially we were to be out of town and I was gonna miss the whole thing. Then I had my accident and knew I wasnt gonna be out of town. So I had planned on coming by and visiting for however long my body would let me. Mont even offered up the services of his camper with Im sure what is a rockin a/c. Two days ago I began getting nickel to quarter sized boils. First was on my stomach, then my arm pit, then my left arm. Well I finally got into the doctor yesterday and I sure enough have an infection of some sort. More than likely its a staph infection, contagious and nasty. I started anti-biotics yesterday but until the culture comes back Monday I wont know if the meds Im on will work. So, I still wasnt changing my plans until this morning. I have two new boils and feel that with the nasty critter I got combined with an extremely vulnerable immune system right now might do me in. Those two factors really have me feeling Id better stay put this weekend. I dont wanna give anyone this nasty stuff nor do I need to pick up anything else, I just cant fight nothing off right now. And I will do whatever it takes right now to keep myself from being back in the hospital. So, with a baby due anyday I feel I better stay home, continue with the meds, and get this infection out first. I love you guys and what yall are doing will forever be inbedded in my heart. But I just cant take any chances getting any worse. Anyone who has ever had a boil on them knows my pain and figuring I got seven on me now you should understand. Somebody please take lots of pics and post em up Sat. night. I dont wanna miss a thing. Yall make my bro, Reelsinger, feel welcomed as you always do and somebody play a song for me. Everyone enjoy and I anxiously await the pics.

Zac

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Sorry Zac. I'm sure there will be lots of pics taken for you to relive it over and over. Good luck to you!! You really do need to take care of yourself first. Please don't put your health in jeapordy, that is what tomorrow is all about. Taking care of you and your family. Well wishes to you ! And a very speedy recovery!! God Bless you and your family! Hope to meet you soon.
Tina

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Man that guy will do just about anything to avoid this fishing tournament! j/k Z! I tried the old lyme disease ruse but got caught!

Keep it quiet and safe amigo. That's all that really matters. Call if you need anything.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Dang Bro, hope ya get a good word on the culture.... That can be baaaad stuff... We will miss you but I'm sure all understands, well maybe all but some lousy rooster sucker... If you need anything done at home, gimme a call.....

Oh, can I borrow your boat for tomorrow, I can pick it up tonight :biggrin:

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
FishinChick© said:
Man that guy will do just about anything to avoid this fishing tournament!
Heck, he took 2nd degree burns on 30% of his body to get out of jogging and cutting back on beer-drinking. Contracting a staph infection to get out of the fishing tournament is nothing for Zac! :p

Stay home and get well, bro! Take those antibiotics and knock it out so you can hang with us next time.

BTW, Looking at the active users reveals that every TTMB mod is on this thread right now! :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Need to take care of your self first Zac. Good well soon.

FishBone

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Zac just take it easy and take those antibiotics and knock it out like Shaddy said. The water and the fish will still be there for ya bro when you get well.

Charles

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Gracious Heavenly Father, we love you Lord and we give YOU glory for all things. Once again we are asking for a speedy recovery on Zac. We thank you Lord for all the blessings that YOU are bestowing on and for the King family. We keep them lifted up to you in our prayers. Knowing that they are in YOUR heavenly arms. We thank you and praise YOU in the Mighty name of Jesus.AMEN

If you need anything, you can call me, Laura 713-225-0522, 832-971-8997

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tournament

********* said:
I want yall to know that I have been looking forward to this weekend for over two weeks now. Initially we were to be out of town and I was gonna miss the whole thing. Then I had my accident and knew I wasnt gonna be out of town. So I had planned on coming by and visiting for however long my body would let me. Mont even offered up the services of his camper with Im sure what is a rockin a/c. Two days ago I began getting nickel to quarter sized boils. First was on my stomach, then my arm pit, then my left arm. Well I finally got into the doctor yesterday and I sure enough have an infection of some sort. More than likely its a staph infection, contagious and nasty. I started anti-biotics yesterday but until the culture comes back Monday I wont know if the meds Im on will work. So, I still wasnt changing my plans until this morning. I have two new boils and feel that with the nasty critter I got combined with an extremely vulnerable immune system right now might do me in. Those two factors really have me feeling Id better stay put this weekend. I dont wanna give anyone this nasty stuff nor do I need to pick up anything else, I just cant fight nothing off right now. And I will do whatever it takes right now to keep myself from being back in the hospital. So, with a baby due anyday I feel I better stay home, continue with the meds, and get this infection out first. I love you guys and what yall are doing will forever be inbedded in my heart. But I just cant take any chances getting any worse. Anyone who has ever had a boil on them knows my pain and figuring I got seven on me now you should understand. Somebody please take lots of pics and post em up Sat. night. I dont wanna miss a thing. Yall make my bro, Reelsinger, feel welcomed as you always do and somebody play a song for me. Everyone enjoy and I anxiously await the pics.

Zac
Hang tough Zac....We're thinking of you.....Capt. Wayne

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Zac you best be following Dr's orders. Get better soon, just think about the cool saltwater spray when you get well.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Think about a A/C dinner cruise when you get totally healed. For you and the wife and girls. That is what is gonna be happenin. Ms B wants to come along.Come Aboard the Amazing Grace. I would be delighted to host your family. I guess you could fish out the window. HAHA

·
11,765 Posts
Its better this way. Now we can talk about you behind your back and not have to look over out shoulders to see if you are nearby. :tongue:
On the serious side. Sounds like you are top of those infections. Take your meds, stay out of the heat and we will see you down the road. Happy and healthy.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
havent met you yet Zac, but I sure hope you get to feeling better. stay on the meds and take care of yourself, we will try to leave a few fish in the bay system for you for when your able to get back out. Hang in there, DallasRick

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Only decision you could make, Zac ... the right one. Gotta take care of yourself now so you'll be there for all your ladies in the future. We'll miss ya though ... and only talk a little bit about ya behind your back. :D Get well soon, bud!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Please take care of yourself. If it is a staph infection and they want to put you back in the hospital for a stronger dose of drugs, PLEASE do it.

I don't want to scare anyone, but a dear friend died last month while being treated for a staph infection at home.

Staph infections are bad juju. My prayers are with you and your family.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts