2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......and man was it beautiful!!! BOTH PIECES OF IT!!!! It seems that at some some point during transit the container was treated rather roughly. When I picked up the PVC packing tube I realized that the joint in the middle had been broken loose during shipping, but the worst part was the rod was broken in half a little above the mid-way mark. The tip was also broken off which leads me to believe that it was handled carelessly by the USPS at some point. Such a waste of such beautiful work!!
What to do.....what to do??? Well, I gave Stix a call and explained the situation to him. He was as upset about the whole mess as I was. After letting me vent my frustration with the USPS for a while, Billy told me that he was going to start on a new stix for me and get it shipped ASAP. Now that is what I call customer service.............................maybe the USPS could take a few pointers from him!!!
Thanks, Billy, for being so understanding!! After seeing your work and speaking with you on several occasions I will have no qualms about recommending you to everyone I know who is in the market for a custom rod!
Hope Francis goes easy on ya!:wink:

Jeff Sconyers

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure that it was a great stix. Got mine about 6 months ago and love it to death. Don't know that I can ever go back to a regular rod. The man does excellent work. Had a couple of probs with mine and sent it back. Billy was quite understanding and took care of it in no time. As far as the damage, I think that I would get ahold of someone at the P.O. and give them an ear full. Not that it would do any good, but I would sure feel better about venting to them. Hang in there and be prepared for the best rod you will ever own.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
new rod ready

hi jeff:)
thanks for being so understanding:) i have the new rod completed and ready to ship, i might haftta send it by barge "lol".
i will get it shipped on mon if all goes well, i hope the new rod looks as nice as the new 3 pc version of the spiral does, oh well got to look at it in the full glass , got a chance to build another billystix rod:ac550:
let us know how you like the new one.
later
stix:texasflag

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Billy - Check with USPS. Hopefully they'll help you out seeing that they damaged your last one. It's like a Van Gogh being damaged in the mail!! It just ain't right!!

Billy - Check your PMs!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hey Billy USPS offers insurance, up to $100 is like 3-5 bucks..............................later,Dave

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I Tried That

DAVE
I TRIED THAT, THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR MONEY IS TO GIVE THEM YOUR FIRST NEW BORN OR MOLLYS PHONE #"LOL"
IT AINT WORTH WHAT I HAVE TO GO THROUGH PLUS THE CUSTOMER IS HASSELD, HAVING A BROKE ROD AND THEN HAVING TO GO THROUGH SOME THING LIKE AN IRS AUDIT MIGHT RUN OFF MY CUSTOMER, SO I JUST SUCH IT UP:cry:
LATER STIX
PS PLUS I GET TO BUILD ANOTHER ONE.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
To Many$$$$$$

HI YES
I LIKE FEDX ALSO UPS ISNT BAD, ONLY PROBLEM IS CURRENTLY IT COST ME 23TO $25.00 TO SHIP, I ONLY GET $20.00 FOR SHIPPING FROM MY CUSTOMERS, I DONT FEEL RIGHT ASKING FOR MORE SO I KINDA JUST TAKE IT ON THE CHIN,
FEDX AND UPS GET ME FOR APPROX #32.00 TO TEXAS A BIT MORE HERE A LITTLE LESS THERE.:cry: I WOULD LOVE TO SHIP FEDX BUT THE COST IS JUST TO HIGH, I WOULD HAVE TO RAISE PRICES AND PRICE RAISES DONT DO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS.:cry:
TO ME I JUST LOVE BUILDING RODS AND I TRY TO KEEP IT AS REASONABLE AS POSSIBLE, THIS I BELIEVE IS A LITTLE IN MY FAVOR OR AT LEAST I HOPE IT IS?
I DONT HAVE A LOT OF BREAKEGE BUT ITS JUST A WAY OF LIFE GOT TO LIVE WITH IT.THATS WHY WHEN IT HAPPENS I DONT HESITATE I JUST BUILD RIGHT AWAY, AND GET THE NEW ONE TO THE CLIENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, I BELIEVE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, IT WOULD TOTALLY KILL ME TO HAVE SOME ONE COME UP WITH A NEGITIVE THING ABOUT BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS BUT ITS A GONNA HAPPEN ONE DAY THEN IMMM GONNAA CRY:cry:
STIX:brew2:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I know that DHL is an excellent international service - I have not used there local service .. Billy is right though -- Usually USPS is pretty good , but the insurance is worthless ... They always pay , but it takes them forever and that stinks ... A customer is none to happy to wait 6 weeks on a refund before getting new goodies ... Everyone else is just too high ... Unless you are shipping to a business address and have a UPS account (you get a discount if you have a daily pick up) --- I know the feeling ..

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
i would just rather rebuild

its true
if a customer recieves a broken rod that is bad enough, then if i haft to have him or her go to the problem that he or she has to then it looks bad on me, so i just do the right thing and rebuild as quickley as possible.
this way the customer is much happier, and a happy customer is a lasting customer.
stix

·
Registered
82 Posts
Billy,
I do a lot of business with Fedex ground when I sell on eBay. I did a quick calculation, Houston to California, home delivery, $200.00 package using Fedex ground and came up with $21.25 (I used 84 x 4 x 4, 10 lbs). . My experience is Fedex ground is about the cheapest on large items and their service is very good (I have not used DHL yet). If they damage a rod, you immediately begin building a new one and file the claim on the old one. You ship out the new rod and eventually will get compensated for the damage by Fedex. Noone loses. Further, most if not all customers recognize when something is damaged during shipping and does not reflect poorly on you at all. All the customer sees is you doing all you can to get them their rod as rapidly as possible.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My experience w/ Fed-Ex ground is the exact opposite ... Yes there rates are excellent - However there service to rural areas overall has been a night mare to put it best ... I have had them hold my shipments for a week or two at a time , because it is too inconvenient to run out this far .... I would expect there service to large cities to be much better than this ... Also in the last 30 dyas they have lost three different packages ... Even if they were cheaper than the post office -- I would avoid them like the plague ... Many of my customers have had the same experience ...

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
bayrat said:
Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure that it was a great stix. Got mine about 6 months ago and love it to death. Don't know that I can ever go back to a regular rod. The man does excellent work. Had a couple of probs with mine and sent it back. Billy was quite understanding and took care of it in no time. As far as the damage, I think that I would get ahold of someone at the P.O. and give them an ear full. Not that it would do any good, but I would sure feel better about venting to them. Hang in there and be prepared for the best rod you will ever own.

Last edited by Mont : 09-03-2004 at 08:02 PM. Reason: don't try to beat the word censor, please
dude, that's funny........play nice........

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
fed x is ok

i totally agree with both you guys.
i have had good service and bad, the last time i tried to ship to texas was just as bert said about the length and what ever but they wanted almost 30.00 dollars to ship texas, think immmmm a gonna give them another shot, what i dont like about the post office is they try to ship my rods to texas with a air cannon, where ever it lands and how "oh well".
i am going to replace the rod no matter what but if i could get the broken rods replaced money wise then that would be ever so cool, but they should not break a billystix the way i pack. then you have to understand the customer gets a rod that is totally different than the one he has that is broken, so who is to say which rod looks the best, the broke one or the replacement rod.
but i have to say i have a bunch of cool billystix clients, they never get upset. just get me my dang rod hurry????lol
stix

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Man I just love seing that white tube on the door step......................later,Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.