2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my oldest son, Christopher, is a Marine stationed in San Mateo, CA.. He called and said he was getting a new tattoo but needed my blood type....

So, of course, I asked.. "WHY DO YOU NEED MY BLOOD TYPE FOR A TATTOO!!!!!!?????" LOL...

Well, it turns out, he was getting a tattoo of his military dog tags and chain around his right bicep... One dog tag has his info on it and the other one has my name and info from when I was in the military...

He said "Hey, I gotta have my Pops with me everywhere I go."

Yep, my kids never cease to amaze me.... I guess I must have done something right raising that boy.. LOL

·
Registered
714 Posts
Make sure his dog tags are right....

I was in the MARINES ALSO BUT THEY LISTED MY BLOOD TYPE AS B-.. WELL IT IS O-. STILL GOT MY DOG TAGS. JUST MAKE SURE!

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Congrats on Raise a Fine young man..
My Future Son in law Just went into the Marines Last saturday..
My Daughters been Grieve'n Hard for the Lad.. we Got a letter with obout 20 words & 2 sentances & you can tell there Breaking him down b4 the build back..
its tough in the beginning,but when he comes back he's gonna be a man & not a boy..

·
Registered
349 Posts
If that doesn't tell you what great job you've done............Tell him thanks for me!!!!

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
Just curious why he would have your blood type on a dog tag...tattoo or not?? sounds like he found a wife! or more specific a kid! you may be a grandpa...just sayin

I served in 1st gulf war BTW. Thank him for his service!!!

·
Retired and working
1,567 Posts
My daughter's boy just went off to the Army....he is going through the same break-down. I told her to take note of that and realize the programming was coming. She said that he would not change....we will see.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Just curious why he would have your blood type on a dog tag...tattoo or not?? sounds like he found a wife! or more specific a kid! you may be a grandpa...just sayin

I served in 1st gulf war BTW. Thank him for his service!!!
Probably to make it realistic.

I serve 20 years without ever getting a tattoo, just because I was never inspired by any one event.

I'm 42 and may get my first based on this idea. My dad was a Korean War vet and my Grandpa a WWII vet. I'm thinking of 3 life size tags some place.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
You misunderstood, he didn't want your blood type but your blood alcohol content! Just kidding.

Sounds like a great idea.

I know you are proud and rightfully so.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Thank your son for his service and tell him to be safe. I know you are proud of him!

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll pass along the good wishes and thoughts to him and will definitely post a picture when he sends me one.

You're right Brass, I'm gonna need to wear a bigger hat size.. LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts