2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted a couple of weeks ago, my wife Marsha and I were wanting to go to Rockport again & we finally made it to the Rockport / Corpus Christi area last week . . . . just in time for the rain!!! I had real concerns about us floating away down there :)

Thurs nite we got into my sister in laws house in CC around 9:15p. It started raining about 10:30 Thurs nite & Friday AM, the weatherman informed all that the rainfall had broken records for a 24hr time frame - more rain than they had during Hurricane Allen!!! The next night (Fri), Kingsville area got 25 . . . yes, twenty FIVE inches of rain. To quote the weatherman . . . it was an "unprecedented rainfall event". Jeez, by this time I am almost ready to think about just heading back to Ft Worth!!

Marsha & I felt that the cabin were were going to use on Baffin was just about out of the question because we were worried about all of the fresh water!! (as we looked on radar, the area of Baffin that the cabin was in was shaded PURPLE on the intensity scale).

So, we decided to head to Rockport & the Kontiki hotel a day early, after all, Rockport ONLY got 5" of rain . . . a veritable drought compared to the CC/Baffin Bay area. This turned out to be one of the better decisions I made during the whole trip! Marsha caught a nice trout for her 1st trout trip & got to start her "personal best" record keeping with a solid 22" beauty!

I wanted to extend my very appreciative thanks to Tightknot & Capt. Forrest for their willingness to share information about the fishing in the area & for taking time to answer my question over the phone. Your time & consideration turned our trip into a very pleasent experience! Thank You very much!!

I am sorry we did not get to meet in person, but we will be back!

The bay was in good shape, water looked green / clear & the winds were pretty light most of the day. It picked up pretty good in the afternoons late, but it was all managable!

Can't wait to go back! I did'nt realize how much I missed Rockport until I got back down there!!

Ok, Ok . . . I have to post at least some pix! Here are some pix of Marsha & her trout . . . That is one very Happy Lady!

Aggie91

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Capt. Forrest is a good guy and I'm glad that he helped you out. Congrats to you and your wife.

You and your wife need to book a trip with him....

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
awesome Pics and report.....Congrats to her and you....
TightKnot is one fine gentleman and a great angler...One of this years highlights was him taking my wife and I fishing....

About the Rain...Flooding in CC and 40 miles to the north....2" for a total of 4.5 for the year...Oh well...

·
It doesn't get much better!
1,414 Posts
Good report and glad your wife was able to get on some, that smile says all.

·
there's only 1 Big Pocket
684 Posts
great report aggie91, i'm glad you and your wife had a great time.

next time you decide to make a trip down rockport way, let me know and we'll jump on the water.

tell your wife congrat's on the speck!!!!

also, thank you for the kind words (on behalf of myself, and my bro Tight Knot)

Capt. Forrest

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys! It really was a great trip. We met a really great couple at the hotel, his wife caught a 30" red & of course that always starts up a conversation if I am around to see the fish! :)

We got to talking them & he was nice enough to lead us around the bay to allow us to get to know the bad spots (reefs, etc) & the details on the "good spots".

I told him about 2cool, I really hope he shows up, Luis would be a great asset to the board!

Using all the info from Capt Forrest & Tightknot that I could hold in my itty bitty brain & based on the "guided" trip from Luis & his wife, it really made for an enjoyable time!

Aggie91

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Thanks for bringing the rain guys. Glad your trip turned out successful. Fishing on the bend has been very good. Great job on the trout Marsha. We'll hook up with ya next time.
Tight Knot

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Glad you guys had a good time Preston. One good turn deserves another, and you got back from those guys what you gave me up in your neck of the woods.

Take care,
Tim

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Way to go, Marsha! Beautiful trout. So glad you guys had a great time.

And will you just LOOK at that water! Man, perfectly smooth - just right for kayaking!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup Mrs B, I thought about you a couple of times esp during the morning run. :)

Bays were nice & calm w/ about 5 mph breeze every so often. Just enough to keep cool & still did not blow a yak around. We saw quite a few taking advantage of the nice weather!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts