2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Nice pics Jan. They say a picture can tell a thousand words but in this case it looks like pics are icing on the cake. Thats a nice mess of fish you got there too. Lets hear the report.

Josh

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
what a great weekend jan! thank you for inviting me to share it with you and the boys. i tell you what, i found out what its like to try and keep up with the fishinchick :eek:. not an easy task.

friday afternoon fishinchick, her son jake, her nephew brett, and i headed to Big Lake Fishing Lodge on Lake Calcasieu, in Lousiana. after unpacking our gear, meeting some VERY nice people that were going to take VERY good care of us this weekend, we headed down to the 900' lighted pier to do some night fishing. we ended up fishing untill 7:00am the next morning. the pier there is so nice. we all caught fish, but jake and brett had the biggest of the night. jake caught a 20" red, and brett caught a nice 20" spec. the limits in La are A LOT more lax than here in texas. i dont really think thats a good thing, but you didnt hear me complaining while i was eating them either LOL. the specs have to be 12'", the reds have to be 16", and there is NO minumum length on flounder.

while jan and i were doing some serious "power lounging" the next day, the boys went skiing, knee boarding, and riding a rocket looking thing. im not sure where these guys get their energy, but i would love to tap into some of it!

as you can see the sunset there is just incredible! we also had some baked trout and grilled redfish that were out of this world! im not kidding, when i was watching the trout being prepared i was thinking "humm, good thing there are taters, and beans!" but it turned out to be ummmmm....soooo good, and i will be TRYING to bake some flounder like that very soon.

after the delicious supper, it was time to head out to the pier again. we were fishing with artificials this trip, although jan did cast net some mullet the first night, but we didnt catch anything on them. this night produced more trout, although not very big, and some more reds that were a blast to catch.

caught a couple of hours sleep, and had to head home sunday afternoon. :cry: i could have stayed another week. this lodge us really nice, and the "power lounging" was just what i needed. we all came home very tired, and VERY happy.

if you want to check out Big Lake Lodge, (they have a pier cam too) you can go to www.biglake.us .

jan, you have some wonderful boys, they are a pleasure to be around and a blast to fish with! thank you again for including me. next up........FLOUNDER RUN!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts