2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
richg99
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I waiver between the Canon S3is and the Sony H5. The Sony has a much brighter EVF (and LCD....which I seldom use)...but ...it is Sooooooo slow when I use its 2 battery flash. The Sony has a much tighter focus point...great for birds in branches and near the feeders

Last evening was dark & rainy ... I thought I'd use some fill-in flash to get a few bird shots on the feeders. The darn Sony Flash took 14 to 16 seconds between shots to recharge. Good thing is, I don't use flash very often.

I love both cameras...but also hate some parts of each one...

regards, Rich

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
Does the sony power off the LCD screen while recharging the flash? I have an older Canon that did not do that, and the flash would recharge a lot faster with the LCD manually turned off. I notice most of the newer cameras disable the LCD while recharging the flash now.

·
richg99
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it didn't. A flashing yellow light in the EVF tells me that the flash is not ready. Your point is well taken, and I'll check to be certain that it is turned off manually in between uses of the flash.

My prior experiments led me to conclude that even with the flash set on VERY LOW ( there are 13 different choices) it still took 6 seconds between flashes. The Canon S3is doesn't seem to have that amount of lag time for a "ready flash" indicator.

I think it is just a two batteries vs four batteries thing. The newer models went to a special lithium ion battery...so that issue may be solved on the H7 and H9 models. regards, Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts