2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a green Curado and a new model Citica (wiffle spool).

I throw the Curado more because I get more distance out of it. I have them both on the EXACT same rod, and spooled with the exact same line.

I don't know much about bearings or breaks or etc..., so can any of you help me setup my Citica to perform better? Shouldn't the new model Citica out-perform the old Green Curado?

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
There might be a little excess grease/oil from production. Remove the spool and clean the excess grease from the spool, spool shaft and frame. This should improve the performance. If this still persists after you do this then please send the reel to us for repairs.

·
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bantam1 said:
There might be a little excess grease/oil from production. Remove the spool and clean the excess grease from the spool, spool shaft and frame. This should improve the performance. If this still persists after you do this then please send the reel to us for repairs.
I'll give this a shot tonight and use it Friday night when I go fishing...thanks for the quick response.

·
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not seen any improvement in my Citica's performance after a thorough cleaning.

When I go fishing...I leave the Citica at home and use my old Green Curado. My Green Curado out-casts my Citica (using same line, same lure, and same rod) ALL day long.

Is something wrong with my Citica? Should I send it to you for repairs? What "repairs" would be needed on a BRAND NEW reel? I've seriously only used this thing a few times because I just don't like the way it casts.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
I suggest returning the reel for exchnage. Something is not right with this reel. Replacing it will be the fastest way to take care of this.

·
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bantam1 said:
I suggest returning the reel for exchnage. Something is not right with this reel. Replacing it will be the fastest way to take care of this.
I'll give it a try. I bought it from Academy last year and I don't have my receipt...or the box.

We'll see if they will honor the exchange though.

·
GOD BLESS AMERICA
1,441 Posts
Pop open the side plate and look at your brakes , my citicas came out of the box with the brake pins all the way out (maximum brake) , I set my pins 2 out 4 in , sounds weird but works great , I also overfilled my spool just a little (with mono) and got alot more distance with it , DO NOT over fill with braid , you will be mad-very mad with the first cast .

·
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
juanpescado said:
Pop open the side plate and look at your brakes , my citicas came out of the box with the brake pins all the way out (maximum brake) , I set my pins 2 out 4 in , sounds weird but works great , I also overfilled my spool just a little (with mono) and got alot more distance with it , DO NOT over fill with braid , you will be mad-very mad with the first cast .
Thanks Juan - I'll try this before I return it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts