2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than my mother, the person I am closest to is my grandfather.

He’s been diagnosed with prostate cancer and undergoing treatments for a over a year. Today, mom went to see him â€" he’d been taken to ICU in the “convalescent” hospital he’s in. He’s sedated, with a very high white blood cell count, bad infection and the possibility of the cancer spread to bone marrow. He's on a respirator because he's having trouble breathing. He’s not in a regular hospital, and they don’t want to transport him to one for fear he will not survive the trip. He’s signed a DNR and made everyone aware of his wishes to be let go.

I’m not a religious person, but if you could say a prayer to whomever or whatever you believe in, or send healing thoughts, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Prayers on the way Shawn!! As many of you know I too am very close to my grandfather. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a good decade ago, but somehow by the good grace of God he is still fairly healthy today. Best wishes to your grandfather. God Bless!

Eric

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Shawn, prayers sent buddy. I will keep him in my thoughts. Im sorry to hear of bad news with one of your best friends (grandfather).............................later,Dave

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Shawn I have met your grandfather and prayers are sent

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Prayers sent Shawn, if we can do anything for ya, just let us know.....

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
You have our prayers speckle-catcher ...

It's really difficult when cherished members of our family grow old and have to put up with the changes the body goes through from aging.

Our whole family will be praying for him. And your love for him will help sustain him. You can be sure of that!

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
shawn, im so sorry to hear that your grandfather is not doing good. you both are in my prayers.

trudy

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Your Grandfather's in my prayers.

Bigwater

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Prayers Going Out To Your Grandfather

Praying for the best news possible.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Mary and I send our prayers. I understand that relationship.
Rick

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Shawn, I am praying for your grandfather and family. Like Cool Change, I too have a special place in my heart for grandpas. Partly because of the terrific one I had and partly because of how great is is to BE one. Please tell your grandfather that all your friends in here are thinking about him and praying for him.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Shawn, You and your Grandfather are both in my prayers. Please keep us advised on how he is doing.

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
Shawn,
Our prayers are with your grandfather and his family.
Chuck and Donna

1 - 20 of 23 Posts