2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 20 years of being a legal driver here in the state of Texas I finally bought a brand new truck on Saturday. This is my 2010 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD in the Graphite Grey with the Borla Exhaust. I must say that I am one happy dude. I have been seeing everyones posts of new trucks and I could not wait for mine. Enough talk here is my truck the day after at the Ranch.

Attachments

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Looks like the beds alreay broke in! Nice truck. Word of warning though, I had those same tires on my F150 when it was new in '06, and only got 30,000 miles out of them. The ones from the factory dont last as long as the ones from say, Discount or NTB. If they are 18" tires like mine they are very expensive, and not very good off road in sand or mud.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea that doe lost a few quarts of blood. When I shot her we thought that I missed cause she just stood there for like 5 seconds. Then the wind blew and over she went.

I think the truck is going to meet SLP over Christmas sometime. I figure it is better for them to meet each other now then in the heat of the battle this summer.

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
HIJACK!

bluewater,

Nice truck!

Looks like the beds alreay broke in! Nice truck. Word of warning though, I had those same tires on my F150 when it was new in '06, and only got 30,000 miles out of them. The ones from the factory dont last as long as the ones from say, Discount or NTB. If they are 18" tires like mine they are very expensive, and not very good off road in sand or mud.
What tires did you replace them with? I've got an '07 F150, and my factory tires suck. 26,000 miles and they are pretty well done.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Yea that doe lost a few quarts of blood. When I shot her we thought that I missed cause she just stood there for like 5 seconds. Then the wind blew and over she went.

I think the truck is going to meet SLP over Christmas sometime. I figure it is better for them to meet each other now then in the heat of the battle this summer.
Now's a good time for SLP because it's been raining a lot and the sand should be packed..........maybe!

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
Man, your truck came with a dead deer. All I got was a gimme cap with mine.

Nice truck.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Congrats on the truck and the deer!

bluewater,
What tires did you replace them with? I've got an '07 F150, and my factory tires suck. 26,000 miles and they are pretty well done.
My '08 F-150 Super Crew came with Michelins. I ruined 1 with a sidewall puncture within 6 months. Had several low tire pressure sensor lights come on over the next year and a half. Several patches and plugs - darn screws and mesquite thorns.

Just replaced them with BFG All Terrains. I wanted 10 plies and a little more agressive appearance. They look good, but... noticeably rougher ride - I mean you can feel every pebble you run over, and fuel economy has gone to heck. Not sure if that is from driving slowly around the ranch for several days, or if the off road tires really affect highway mileage. To be determined after hunting season.

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
I'll have to look at BFG. I have the 18" rims, so I wasn't having any luck with the online tire sizers for most of the big box tire retailers around where I live. **** tires on there suck, and I can't imagine the risk I'm going to take with towing my boat the 900 miles for the move if I don't replace them....

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful truck! I didn't know they offered dead deer as accessories these days.. how much did that cost you?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man I asked for a free hat and was told that they did not have any. As for the deer it pays to have great friends with ranches so she was a freebie.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Congrats!! The truck I have now was the first one I ever bought new...Last one too!! ;)

It is a GREAT feeling though.... Looks like you are breaking it in right....Now just go brushf*** it a little and make it REAL nice!!

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
Very nice truck! Melon tows his 19' ShoalCat with one just like that and it pulls like a mule!

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
That is a pretty truck. I don't buy foreign vehicles. I have nothing to say. This is just to boost my post count :cheers: Can I have a backstrap?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts