2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
\../\../\../
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy I bought my 2002 F350 4x4 LB diesel from called me and said his wife found a programmer for my truck in some boxes. He said he forgot all about it and it was in the glovebox when he bought the truck. He didn't know what to do with it and put it in a box. I'd say I would believe him because I bought the truck back in March, so he didn't have to call me. I knew it had to have something because my other 2002 that I had didn't run like this one. Who has used the Superchips Prgrammer 1705 for the Ford 97-2002 diesel. Is it a good one and if not what one would be reccommended?

·
archTech
8,581 Posts
The 1705 is a good programer but the 1700 (the original version) actually produces more horsepower and torque as per an old salt with Super Chips. I have both on our trucks and the 1700 always felt like it had a little edge on the 90 hp over the 1705's 120 hp and he confirmed it. Don't get me wrong the 1705 on the 120 hp with a little intake and exhuast work will get er done!:wink:

·
Registered
875 Posts
For a 7.3 your best bet would be to get custom tuned chip from tony wildman, DP, or someone like that...if your truck is an automatic it will greatly prolong your transmission lifespan and it will be night and day difference power wise compared to a generic tune IMO

·
\../\../\../
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a 7.3 your best bet would be to get custom tuned chip from tony wildman, DP, or someone like that...if your truck is an automatic it will greatly prolong your transmission lifespan and it will be night and day difference power wise compared to a generic tune IMO
Do they have a website? What would a tune cost, ballpark?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just really watch the EGT's with the chips.....you run them high and you might not notice a problem immedietly but over time the turbo will get worn much faster.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just get a set of gauges if your going to be towing much, your turbo will be fine with a good custom tune and egt's will be less than stock on their tow tunes.

·
\../\../\../
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to sell my Superchips 1705 programmer and get the DP tuner. Check sales section for more info on the programmer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts