2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
thats what immmmm talkin about

hi sheriff hooked up!
now thats what immmmmm talkin about!!
good pictures and nice fish to boot. how about telling the guys how the billystix spiral works when you have a good fish on, say how about the fish control, it really needs to come from some one that has really had the pull like you and darrell have had.
plus i would like to get it on my new web site?
thanks sherriff
stix

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I like about it is....

billystix said:
hi sheriff hooked up!
now thats what immmmmm talkin about!!
good pictures and nice fish to boot. how about telling the guys how the billystix spiral works when you have a good fish on, say how about the fish control, it really needs to come from some one that has really had the pull like you and darrell have had.
plus i would like to get it on my new web site?
thanks sherriff
stix
I don't have to fight the rod and therefore can really focus on the fish! With the eyes on the bottom of the blank, the rod does most of the work for you. Since the line never comes in contact with the blank, you get to feel the fish instead of the rod. Even with a big red on, I can pretty much relax my left hand, tune the drag and enjoy the fight! I can't see myself buying another regular baitcasting rod ever! Tight lines, Guy

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
great anology sherriff

hi sheriff
great stuff! you are one of a few that has found the secret to the billystix spiral rod, a great anology of the spiral rod?
i just want to say to all bait casters, the billystix custom spiral bait caster rod is truly a great rod, i dont mean to brag ,but i aint got much to brag about. so immmmm gonna brag about the spiral rod, i am very glad that guy put his thoughts to the words to make sense of the spiral rod he did it really,really well to those of you that have any doubts dont, you are just losing valuable fishing time and fishing pleasure.
i now have a 8ft xtra hvy duty spiralstix that would be great for the 40lb to 70lb fighting fish. big jetty type fish also can build 7ft-6 or 7 ft, but the 8 ftrs that i have built so far have been a real hit around the jettys with big drum as well as those big reds and jacks, have them in use for kings as well as dolphine.
so if you have been looking for a good hvy duty light well balanced bait caster this is a great rod, build it spiral and you want want another rod.
thanks guy that was great.
stix

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
I witnessed both catches. The last one was fun cause I sat down on the bank to watch a man and a fish. When he finally suckered it the match was on. And what he said was true. The left hand relaxed and the right hand and thumb worked the crank and the drag! Very nice to see!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Why don't they have spots? I thought only farm raised ones did not have spots. Nathan

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
All the one's we caught had spots. I'm fixing to report about my grandson becoming a redfishing fool! If'n some can keep the chatter down!

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They do.......

Nathan said:
Why don't they have spots? I thought only farm raised ones did not have spots. Nathan
Look again. I have caught "farm raised" reds with sixty to seventy spots. Don't believe everything you hear. Some folks spend much more time at the keyboard than they ever spent with a rod in their hand! Sometimes, I tell folks that I jerked the spot(s) off of them when I set the hook. I let my bride claim the pretty ones! Tight lines, Guy

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
I clearly see the spots in the second picture

And I'm gonna tell ya, I have seen reds caught out of the bay that did not have spots, or only had a spot on one side. It's a genetic thing with the fish I guess.
The spot ain't the edible part:tongue:
I'll tell ya, they sure tasted good!! Thankyou for the invite to a wonderful lunch yesterday Guy!

Kay:cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Spiral with Chronarch SF

I bought a spiralstix a couple of months ago and rigged it up with a Chronarch SF. This setup is smooth beyond belief and casts like a dream. Loads of power combined with spinning rod type sensitivity make this the best rod I have ever owned. Biggest fish to date on it was a 75-100# ray rigged with an ABU 6500. I can't recommend this rod enough.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
great reply

hi wadeaway
great testimonial??
thank you so much, this is what the billystix custom spiral is all about!!
it sure makes my day when i get some one to post up with great things about my billystix spiral rods, thanks ever so much.
stix
no you aint gonnnnnaa get one free!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts