2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about internet withdrawels.. 7 Days of no power and actually camping in my own home. Yes camping, in my own house. I did have an Onan 6500w GENERATOR but it is still kinda primitave.. The power and the net came on about an hour ago. My big tree in the back yard took the bullit. My neighbourhood is so old that the power lines are not grounded, thus the 2 hole plugs in the house.. Well when the wind tore the limb over and it touched the top line on the poles, that was it.. It fried that tree, it was the ground for the whole hood. 150 ft tall and now dead. A real shame and its gunna be costly to remove it. I had some roof damage and it blew the gable off the west side of the house but we are still here..

HEY I'M BACK

Randall

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive had net service for about 20 minutes.. but the okra took a real beaten..

it was literally on the ground and looked dead.. BUT, i stood it up when the storm passed and braced it with my stake out stick.. It is a most resilliant plant, pics soon of life after death. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Okra

"BUT, i stood it up when the storm passed and braced it with my stake out stick.. "

That made me laugh out loud!! Welcome back!

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks sandy!!

Doc with a 6500 w onan on the back deck, it put a real hurtin on the huntin..
Now that the power is back on i plan to keep the generator runnin for 1 more day, cuz I know its going offf again. they are working all over the hood and will probally shut me down at least 1 more time..
Its a disaster zone here. sad_smiles

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the Okra with the stake out stick and a pic of the yard and the street..

Its simply amazing that 1 day after i stood the plant back up it was blooming... You can see the stake out stick holding it up...

GOT OKRA!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Looks like they need a lil water. But then, I don't suppose you have a lot of water to go around. And the rule is ... the drier it is, the hotter the peppers. You should be a happy crapper now.

·
Reel Easy
2,676 Posts
11andy11 said:
JQ, I guess your weather buddy friend was wrong about the storm turning north, huh?
they should probably get a refund for this year's service as well.

Glad to hear you came out of the storm OK!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Glad to see you made it through the storm.. Take care and good huntin.... oh and don't drink the water, the beer is always cold and great for your stress..

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, I'll never listen to that bastage again!! lol.

Even tho he is my brother.. It did move north just enough to go right over my house...
Power is on and generator is off the deck... shhhhh.. I got the bait out....
Sighted in my new weapon today and its dead on..

Check it out!!!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts