2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hang with me guys. I am not a writer nor a very good story teller. This is how it went down. I talked to our buddy, Tim, one day last week. All the blue water, calm seas and fishing jumping in the boat gave me a bad, bad itch. I had a party for Saturday cancel on me. I started with the phone calls to everyone I knew and was able to get up a group for Sunday. Last minute trips are really the pits.

Anyway, we headed out for Port O'Conner Saturday night. Finally found a place to stay at 10th St. Lodge. Brother, if you have never stayed there, you are missing a sure bet. Brand new and truly the best place to stay in POC. Sunday morning at 8 bells we are maybe 15 miles offshore and I am running at 5000 rpms on the Hondas. Slick as glass and we are bookin it. Finally get the were I was told to go. Found one shrimper anchored up, with Ling, King, Dorado and yes BLACKFIN TUNA. Talked to the deckhands while my party was going nuts catching fish. Yes, I would stop and gaff one or two from time to time. But these men a fish savvy. They have everything under control. That's the way they like it. Things died down, we decided to try another shrimper about a mile away. Chum in the water and it explodes with Blacksfins. There must have been a huge school just off the steer of the Miss Adrianna. We sat there drifting, chumming and catching Blackfins for the rest of the day. The only reason we quit was due the fact. I had no where else to box more fish. Final tally was 3 Dorado, 4 Kings, 1 Ling , 15 Blackfin. Three fishermen beat to all hell and one captain ready to pass out from all the gaffing and heat of the day. Long story short, Ha! Ha! my best trip ever.

Capt. Alan

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
Outstanding!!!

It's always nice to have a problem like no storage left and it's still early.

Had the same thing happen a while back. New extra-large mounted cooler and totally stuffed with yft and bft by 1 pm. We looked at each other and decided that we can only eat so much, plus we're going to be cleaning fish for hours. Man, that really stunk!!! NOT!!!!!

Way to go!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh What A Day It Was It Really Was.

I tried to post the pictures of the trip with no luck. I sent them to Tim. He is going to post them on here for me. I wonder why, I couldn't do it. Maybe I wasn't holding my mouth just right. Anyway, They should be here today, as I talked to Tim about it.

Dave, Great to see you on here buddy. I called you Monday 7/24. I left a message with my cell number on your machine. I have a tuna question for you.

I have an extra 150gt Igloo at home. Guess where it's going this Saturday, Ha!Ha! I won't be without next time or ever again, guys.

Seems like when ever I go fishing half cocked, we do really well. But this was outstanding.

As for the next day muscle thing. I talked to the fellas yesterday. One took a nap under a bridge over pass, one found a large closet at work and feel asleep, the other passed out on the floor at work, was having convulsions,, muttering, I GOT ANOTHER ONE!, I GOT ANOTHER ONE!

Alan

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Alan congrads. I'm glad that spot worked for you and keep it quiet for now. When i posted the pics I didnt see you had started a thread. Sorry So the pics are on another thread guys. Look at port Oconner weekend pics to go along with this post.
Do it again this weekend Alan. Rock on Brother and keep it going.....
Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, it was MY best trip ever!!!

Well, I'm one of the unfortunate souls still catching up on sleep, rest, and sanity from the trip in this thread. I was also the one that slept under a bridge overpass. Twice this week!

My arms are just barely starting to get back to normal. But I haven't lost the stupid looking grin!

We ate some of the tuna the other night. Awesome is all I can say. As for the trip...it now ranks in the top three most memorable moments of my life. Thanks Alan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts