2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hunting in Burleson Co. outside of Lyons. This is by far my best deer to date. Talk about heavy horned. He was taken on 11-21-09. The rut is on. I don't know what's going on, neither of the bullets passed through either of these two deer. I'm shooting a .250 Savage with 100 gr. Core-Lokts. There was no blood found at the spot where they were shot all the way to where they were found. These bullets are breaking up and annihilating the internals. The buck was shot at 120 yards, and the spike was about a 40 yard shot. He's off on his way to my uncle's to be mounted. Anyways, good luck to all on their next hunt.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Heck of a buck. Congratz!!! This is the third time in about two weeks that I've heard about the .250 savage. Not used much any more wonder why.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I used to hunt with a .250-3000, wasa great lever action rifle but I never had a problem with it not opening up a deer..I took over 15 animals with it during my early years and wished i still had the rifle..Some scumag brokeinto myhouse and stole it along with all my other guns as well...!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
WOW, way to go! Nice Buck!

·
Texas Rod Builders
6,338 Posts
That's a super buck for your part of the state!!! Congrats....Post up when you get the mount back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts