2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I am not going to run and change all my knots at this time based on that article. I have to check the strength of the yucatan connection to the loop. I tied it on my last line change and I am not sure how much I trust it. By looking at the yucatan knot, you would think a lot of pressure is placed on the mono near the spectra loop. I usually have pretty long top shots so I don't have to rely too much on the spectra to mono connection.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Sato system and hollow. Relatively big investment up front (but not really out of line given the other costs) but peace of mind. 100% at end of spectra, and 95+% on the mono side.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I have used uni to uni for a long time and have had to put them to the test a few times when I hit spectra. They held, no problem. I will not change my connections until it becomes a problem, very informative article though.

·
Firm Member
1,968 Posts
Does anyone serve floss on their spectra loop? Small increase in diameter at the loop connection, less cutting into the mono, when served over the top of the loop to loop it makes a smooth knot that moves freely through the eyes. Just currious...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.