2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
That DamnYankee!!
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I was the first one to "drag" your name into the tatoo thread I'd like to apologize to you if my post offended you in any way. That certianly wasn't my intent, I was trying to show folks a shining example of what I believe to be a true good Christian.

Again please accept my apology.

With MUCH RESPECT,

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,065 Posts
Sorry Mrs B but I have to disagree with you on that one. You are good example of how you can provide a witness without alienating and polarizing folks. That and you can take a good shot with charm and grace. That's priceless on the internet. :biggrin:
 

·
That DamnYankee!!
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mrs Backlasher said:
but I'm a poor example!
Not in my book Mrs B. You are an example that folks could/would/should try to emulate. I for one have never felt alienated or offended by anything you have posted. You have never come accross as "holier then thou" and for that I thank you.

Much love & respect,

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,498 Posts
FishinChick© said:
Sorry Mrs B but I have to disagree with you on that one. You are good example of how you can provide a witness without alienating and polarizing folks. That and you can take a good shot with charm and grace. That's priceless on the internet. :biggrin:
Well Said!! Amen....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,684 Posts
fishin'chick makes a good point. personally, i find religion to be a fascinating subject of debate - one that i can talk about for hours, regardless of my, or your, personal beliefs. but, the key is to discuss the subject, not to shoot darts at others who may not share your point of view, or to try to come off as if you are the paragon of virtue, or something. to alienate and polarize folks is to anger folks and close off their minds. the goal is to share ideas, not get into a duel.

afterall, no one has any absolute facts on the topic. that's why they call it "having faith." i'm about as secular a person as one can get, but i don't try to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat, or to castigate someone for theirs. i think that's where the aforementioned thread went overboard. it did get a little nasty....on both sides.
 

·
@Drew_Smoke
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
I personally would've just ignored whatever post I did not agree with.

Attacking a point of view when one did not even reference you is the gas on the fire.

When I see the Hare Krishna's...I ignore them too!

And if there is a lady more wonderful than Mrs B....




I have not met her!
 

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
Joined
·
6,429 Posts
I agree that Mrs B is a saint when it comes down to interaction on the internet with all folks.... She is one of the few that passes her belief's in a subtile manner which is not insulting anyone but getting the point across in a civil way.... We all luv her for that quality.... More folks should consider her a mentor in spreading the word without making you feel like she is the only one worthy of religion..... This thread is very civil so far, the way a thread of this nature should be.... Please folks, lets keep it this way.... Thanks in advance, and have a great remaining weekend.....
 

·
fishes with calcutta
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Anyone want to borrow my signature line?
 

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
Brew said:
Not in my book Mrs B. You are an example that folks could/would/should try to emulate. I for one have never felt alienated or offended by anything you have posted. You have never come accross as "holier then thou" and for that I thank you.

Much love & respect,

Jeff
I have to totally agree with Jeff and the others. Thanks Mrs.B for being the person you are. I have the utmost respect for you and really love reading your many prayers. And like Drew says "if there is a lady more wonderful than Mrs B....I have not met her". I should have let the thread be, but I felt that the last post really attacked not just me but many on this board. I maynot be the most religious of men, but I do feel my heart is in (or close to the right place). LoL!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,779 Posts
TomCat said:
Anyone want to borrow my signature line?
Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

I know of a few posters around here that that would work for, including me right now for even saying so lol.
 

·
That DamnYankee!!
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WT427 said:
Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

I know of a few posters around here that that would work for, including me right now for even saying so lol.
:)
 

·
Kayak Fisher
Joined
·
7,566 Posts
Wow! I made that post and pretty soon thereafter, I left the house. Just got back and see this has gone to 2 pages.

Thanks folks for your sweet, sweet comments. I treasure each one.

When I was a child, the children were shoo'd outside to play. Unlike kids today, we didn't have lots of toys. So one of the outdoors games we played was "Follow the Leader."

The person who was the leader took us all over the place, and we had to follow closely or be disqualified. Sometimes we ended up in single file and everyone could not see the leader up ahead. So, unless we were the person right behind the leader, we had to imitate the actions of the person just ahead of us and hope that they were making the right motions.

What I meant by my first comment in the thread is this: Just like in the game of "Follow the Leader," if I'm the person in front of you, and I'm the best example you have, then follow me; but Jesus is the "leader" that I'm following, and I'm just trying to imitate him as closely as I can and show others how much God loves them.
 

·
Fisher of Men
Joined
·
3,703 Posts
Praise the Lord, we can ONLY be an example of HIM.

Ms B , you know how much i luv you. I am so glad that we are friends.
 

·
We all have it coming......
Joined
·
8,792 Posts
Mrs Backlasher said:
.................What I meant by my first comment in the thread is this: Just like in the game of "Follow the Leader," if I'm the person in front of you, and I'm the best example you have, then follow me; but Jesus is the "leader" that I'm following, and I'm just trying to imitate him as closely as I can and show others how much God loves them.
WOW!! Well said.

I'm just glad I'm far enough up the line to see your example.
 

·
Member when we usta.......?
Joined
·
2,835 Posts
Mrs Backlasher said:
Wow! I made that post and pretty soon thereafter, I left the house. Just got back and see this has gone to 2 pages.

Thanks folks for your sweet, sweet comments. I treasure each one.

When I was a child, the children were shoo'd outside to play. Unlike kids today, we didn't have lots of toys. So one of the outdoors games we played was "Follow the Leader."

The person who was the leader took us all over the place, and we had to follow closely or be disqualified. Sometimes we ended up in single file and everyone could not see the leader up ahead. So, unless we were the person right behind the leader, we had to imitate the actions of the person just ahead of us and hope that they were making the right motions.

What I meant by my first comment in the thread is this: Just like in the game of "Follow the Leader," if I'm the person in front of you, and I'm the best example you have, then follow me; but Jesus is the "leader" that I'm following, and I'm just trying to imitate him as closely as I can and show others how much God loves them.
What a great analogy. Can I use that?
 

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
Joined
·
6,429 Posts
Well said Mrs B, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to follow, instead of shoving me to the front..... My respect to you forever.... I luv ya Betty
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,476 Posts
Always have the right thing to say Mrs. B, I can't thank you enough.
 

·
Kayak Fisher
Joined
·
7,566 Posts
Wouldn't you think that the more people you meet and come to love, that there should be less love to go around?

You folks just make my heart grow, and I love you more and more.

My life is richly blessed by every one of you here on TTMB. And like the apostle Paul said, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3

When folks are newlyweds, they are so excited about each other. They are so much in love, and they want everyone to come to know the same kind of joy and companionship that they experience.

That's what it's like for a new Christian. They've come to know Jesus and suddenly find themselves loving someone they didn't know existed. Miracles, excitement and answered prayers abound. They finally KNOW that they KNOW God. During this early phase of their walk with Christ, it's easy for them to seem offensive to some. If they are confronted about it, they sometimes feel a bit persecuted. Their love for Jesus is real, and their baby steps in expressing this new life and joy sometimes can be bumpy and stumbling.

In a marriage, depth of love and companionship develops over time. The marriage partners are closer in more aspects of their lives, and the relationship matures and deepens. They seldom feel a need to remind others about how much they love each other. Their whole life is evidence of it. Other people recognize the stability of the relationship and the great love they have for each other, and they long to have a similar relationship in their lives.

This is what it's like for someone who has known Jesus for a long time. The "honeymoon" phase is over. The relationship deepens and grows, and the high excitement calms to a constant love and appreciation for God, and a desire to become more like Jesus, which is God's plan for all Christians. As love for God increases, love for others seems to increase also. There's less concern about the behavior of others, and more concern for their life and soul.

If anyone is interested in it, I made a post yesterday on the "Food for the Soul" forum about how to become a Christian.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top