2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who all would shoot one if they saw one while hunting? I think I would be un decided if one came out. I think they are some of the coolest animals out there.....I would love to have a full body mount though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It would be hard to pass up, but no I wouldn't. I usually have my camera with me and would get a picture.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I would.... but only if I knew before hand that I could afford to have it mounted...

If you didnt mount it, it would be a complete waste ( unless it was really hurting your deer herd or wreaking havoc on your cattle).

Many people should know how much life size mounts run before they pull the trigger....

I hate to see such a beautiful creature get tossed in the gut pile....

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
No way. There are so few of them in Texas, I've seen only one in the wild (while turkey hunting) and it was an awesome sight. Let someone else enjoy it.

·
Do it. Do it now!
885 Posts
No cat's for me. They are just 2Cool.

Remembering watching a female bobcat and her kittens one fall day in a tripod in South Texas. It was a special moment for me.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I killed on many moons ago that was killing calfs at my cousins ranch. I had the hide tanned and to it still a good trophy to me. If you can't afford a full body mount, tanning the hide is just another option.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think if I saw 1 while in the stand with a rifle I would be so in shock that it may take me a minute to make a decision on shooting it. Last year I did have an encounter on our farm where I saw an animal come out into our hay field right at dark, I went and got a spot light and when I hit it with the spotlight it immediately layed down, few seconds later it took off running to the woods. It was about 200 yards away so it was hard to tell what it was FOR SURE but I do know that me and my father both saw that it had an extremely long tail and was very FAST when it ran to the woods. We both agreed that we thought it was a mountain lion and a couple of our cattleman neighbors swear they have seen them before. If I killed one it would definitely be a TROPHY OF A LIFETIME & I would full body mount it no matter the cost, I would mainly shoot 1 for the trophy and because of all the stories I have heard of them preying on deer as food and running deer out of an area.

·
Raiser of BOB White Quail
19,039 Posts
Like stated above if Who am I kidding Helllll yea. I'd blast him .Dang kitty ain't eaten my grain fed delicious venision.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
After taking 4 Bobcats in years past, no way would I take another cat of any kind. 5 years ago within 1.25 mile Austin County Courthouse (Bellville) I saw a 6-8 foot black panther and let it go. Its been seen on several times by my FIL and his wife on their 60 acre. Neat to observe and watch. This cat went to the pond for a drink and was out of site in seconds. None of their deer seem to be missing.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
I don't think I would. I have taken bobcats in years ago when hides were still a good price. But since them I enjoy watching them much more.

·
reelbusy
874 Posts
I quit killing Bobcats many years ago,and would not shoot a mountain lion. The mountain lions are simply too rare and I no longer find pleasure in killing such a beautiful natural wonder.

·
Old Man
7,686 Posts
1 - 20 of 96 Posts