2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever had a Moultrie Magnum Photo Cell Deer Feeder that when you hooked up the battery the spinner started spinning and it didn't stop until you unhooked the battery? This feeder is the type that is supposed to feed at dawn and dusk.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Im not a big moultrie feeder fan, but the older timers would run for the set time when you first hook up the the timer to the (a hot) battery. if the timer wont stop, then the pc board is probably dirty,wet or fried. look on the back of the board for spyder webs or moisture?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I worked at academy for 9 years and saw more moultrie feeders come back than you can think of, as far as it not stoping I do not know how to fix that or what causes it. The magnum feeders all did pretty well along with the feeders that come in the cast iron housing I am having a brain fart and cannot think of the brand right now. Just my experience with the feeders that you can buy at academy.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Moultrie Feeder

Do the instructions call for Alkaline batteries? The old Texas hunter feeders would do that if you put Nickel-cadnium batteries in it.
BB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts