2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the moultrie game spy 200 game camera? It is a 3.1 megapixel. There are so many out there but this camera seems like a good choice. It sells for around $169.00.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Look at my thread on Leaf River versus Cuddeback.
Lots of data for you to read though.
I have chosen the Stealth for the price.
Blue.dog

·
Registered
944 Posts
I personally like the moultree. IMO, it is very easy to use and it is plug and play when you conect your laptop. Pics are not bad either, here are a few taken with a 1 megapixel moultree last year.

Attachments

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
idletime, that first buck is super-nice. I really like the heavy/curved horn characteristics. That moultrie shoots a good photo also. you cant beat it for the price.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had a stealth, sold it.
Had a cudde, sold it
Bought a leaf river, never opened it, sold it.

When a 100$ moultrie 100 does an awesome job of monitoring why use anything else? I do not use my cams on trails, but water troughs and feeders. If it is slightly slower in the trigger then fine by me. I rig my cams with a solar panel and they will run for months. The 256 card option holds 2800 pics. They just can't be beat for the price. Right now I have 5 moultrie 100's and am adding a 200 to the mix in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Junebug,
I cannot argue with success. Looks like I might be changing my mind to the moultree.

thanks very much for your input.

Jim

·
Registered
273 Posts
I use the Gamespy 200 and like it. It takes good pics and has the temp & moon phases on there, good cam for the price.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys. Cutter, the top animal ended up being shot, with both his g1s knocked off he scored 156-7, we figure he was 163-4 as pictured. He was VERY impressive on the ground. The score of the animal truly did not justify how majestic has was. Definitely an instance were it was just a beautiful deer that ended up making a great mount, regardless of the score.

Also, a little trick I have learned with the moultrees. Always face them north, thus you eliminate any chance for glare.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey, Idletime, that IS a good-lookin' buck. Shame his 1s got busted, they've got real character. Did y'all figure how old he was?

So as not to hijack the thread, a lot of guys on TBH use and have good luck with the Moultrie 200s. Not so much the 100s, but the 200s seem to do a good job, especially for the price.

·
15,098 Posts
idletime said:
Thanks for the compliments guys. Cutter, the top animal ended up being shot, with both his g1s knocked off he scored 156-7, we figure he was 163-4 as pictured. He was VERY impressive on the ground. The score of the animal truly did not justify how majestic has was. Definitely an instance were it was just a beautiful deer that ended up making a great mount, regardless of the score.

Also, a little trick I have learned with the moultrees. Always face them north, thus you eliminate any chance for glare.
I was hopping you would say you shot the second one............really neat looking.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The second one was definitely on the list. He is definitely neat looking, but being just a 6, he needs to go, especially since he already has a few offspring with the same characteristics running around. Never showed himself long enough for a shot though.

The first one aged 5 1/2 - 6 1/2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts