2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some issues with my brand new Moultrie game cams. After turning them on, they will work fine for a little while, but then it seems that when they go to sleep to supposedly save battery life.....they don't wake up again. I've even set them up in my house so that the temp., humidity, there's no rain/snow...and the same thing is happening. Has anyone had these issues and if so what's the fix. I know I bought the cheap ones for 80 bucks from BPS, but I should get at least some use out of them. :hairout:

·
TxDuSlayer
4,770 Posts
Join the club! Everbody has issues with them! When they work they take great pictures. But they are a pain in the arse! Right now my two are working great but i have already been thru 4 sets of em!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'm having some issues with my brand new Moultrie game cams. After turning them on, they will work fine for a little while, but then it seems that when they go to sleep to supposedly save battery life.....they don't wake up again. I've even set them up in my house so that the temp., humidity, there's no rain/snow...and the same thing is happening. Has anyone had these issues and if so what's the fix. I know I bought the cheap ones for 80 bucks from BPS, but I should get at least some use out of them. :hairout:
I had the same thing happen with mine. I tested it at home before setting it in the field... that's when I found the problem. Returned it no questions asked at Academy. I didn't have a chance to test the replacement before going to the ranch. When I got to the ranch house, I tested it.... same apparent problem. So, I left it for a while (30 mins plus) and when I was going out to check the ranch, it goes off as I walk by. I've set it out since, and it has been taking pictures like normal. I guess it just needed a long initial rest time? Maybe the original one was fine also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to Moultrie and they said "Well, now they shouldn't be doing that...send them back and we'll take a look at them"...which woulda been great say back in August. Unfortunately, I bought 'em in Nov. and it was straight to the lease without anytime to check 'em out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cuddeback

I like the Moultries but also had issue with the displays going out. Academy replaced the three I had. On the new ones I put black tape over the inside of the display glass to keep the direct sunlight off the LCD. It has only been 6 months but no problems so far. Knock on wood!

I have 3 cuddebacks I'm going to sell. They are still at the ranch but PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The wife bought me an I40 last year for Christmas. It took a dump in june, just froze up and the buttons wouldn't work. The screen was also partially out. After not getting any help from Moultrie I had just accepted it was junk and decided I was going to have to buy another, but it wouldn't have been another Moultrie. Some of yall are lucky yall even got to talk anyone at Moultrie. I tried calling several times, got put on eternal hold and listened to a recording tell me how important my call was to them. Two e-mails also went unanswered.

The wife finally got tired of looking at the camera sitting there and took it back to Academy who replaced it without question. Thanks Academy.

When this one craps out I won't buy another Moultrie camera. Moultrie, if you're customer service is that busy where a person sits on hold for 30 minutes and doesn't get to talk to anyone.... hire more customer service people or build a better product.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not sure what model you have but make sure the Mode is set to Auto. I've had mine in the field for 6 months without a problem (knock on wood). Seems like game cam are like cell phone companies - everyone hates the one they have! lol

Merry Xmas boys!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I guess I am lucky. I am on my 3rd year with a d 40 without any issues. I change the batteries every 2 months when the camera is out and set the camera up in the shade of a tree. Just bought a 2nd and 3d camera at Academy for 69.99.

·
Perch Slayer - Bambi Killer
714 Posts
My I40 displays also went blank. I am starting to think that all game cameras are junk in their own ways. My stealths would require me to take a bank loan to pay for the cases of batteries they chewed up. The wildviews took pictures when they felt like which was not very often. When you pay what you do for these devices, they should work for more than a month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts