2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently Motorguide doesn't supply very many replacement parts for their trolling motors. I ran our great white into the PVC upright on the trailer and cracked the bottom housing of the head unit. I've tried Anchor Marine in San Antonio and after finding the part number online I've tried to order it through Crowley Marine and both have said the part is not available. WTH? So my question for my 2Coolers is does anyone know any place that might work on trolling motors that might have the housing I'm looking for. I've got some calls in to a few places around San Antonio but can't find anything. I know this is a long shot but I really don't want to dish out the dough for a new one right now.

·
Purveyor of Worthless Knowledge
557 Posts
Order it on-line. There are several places that have parts. One I ordered from before is at Lake Fork.

·
On the Water We're All the Same
1,016 Posts
There is an authorized Motor Guide and Minn Kota repair shop in Fishing Tackle Unlimited located in south Houston off Fuqua St. I've bought parts there, but don't know the number. FTU has a web site.

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Ag

Give Gulf Coast Trolling motors a call. The are located inside FTU in Houston. 281-481-6832. Gater

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,041 Posts
Gulf Coast Trolling Motors

gater said:
Give Gulf Coast Trolling motors a call. The are located inside FTU in Houston. 281-481-6832. Gater
They should have this part at Gulf Coast. They replaced the same part on mine (same unit) a few months ago. Apparently this is a common damage or wear point. Maybe its hard to find because so many folks need one! It doesn't take a blow to the head of the unit to crack, just bouncing up and down on the bow can weaken it to the point of cracking over time.
As a side note, the guys over there at Gulf Coast Trolling Motors did a great job on mine, and were very helpful and prompt in their service to me. Highly recommended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts