2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 175 Johnson OceanRunner FICT. Last time I came in and pulled up to the dock I killed my engine went and backed my trailer in the water. when I went to pull my boat around the no oil light came on so I killed the engine and started it backup the light was off till Throttled back up. So I pulled it on the trailer. I pulled out the manual out last night and found a few tests that I can do. I was hoping if anyone has had the same problem would maybe be able to give me some pointers on where to start? Hoping to start looking into it tomorrow. Thank ahead for any advice.

·
Gone Fishing
12,001 Posts
could be the pump going bad or the tank lid not tight, I believe when the tank on the engine gets low it will trigger the light ...check the tanks the lids they need to be tight.
The lines and tank's need to be cleaned every couple of years. The gears on the pump go bad as well.. Some people just bypass the oil injection and if you do this be sure you get all the non premixed gas out of the lines before starting. I kinda like the convience of the injection

www.iboats.com good people over there and willing to help

·
Cast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry didn't put enough info. Yeah it had plenty and when it gets low it has a low oil light that comes on. I was just wanting to cover the small thing first also what is funny is when I killed the engine and cranked it back up the light didn't come back on until I throttled up and I figured (hoping) it wasn't the pump. So I was hoping someone that may have had a similar problem may have a starting point for me. I also like the injection and don't want to do away with it but I carry some in the boat just in case this happened when I was away from shore. I will pull the tank clean and change the filter and continue from there. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had that happen to a truck one time. It turns out there was a tiny piece of trash in the sending unit and when the motor was wound up, it would suck the trash up and the pressure would show low, when the motor was idling or a little better, the pressure guage would show normal.

Could be something similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts