2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the time of year for sod web worms in the moth stage? I had moths flying up everywhere yesterday, mostly while weed eating but they seem to be in my entire yard. My yard actually looks pretty good, no brown spots or dying areas. Pretty sure they were not there last time I mowed (maybe 2 weeks ago).

Is it too late to treat now?
What is a good product to use?

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Probably webworms. What color were the moths?
You can spray your yard with seven to kill them.
Go out early in the morning and see if there are catarpillars on the leaves. Once the sun is up they tend to hide at ground level.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably webworms. What color were the moths?
You can spray your yard with seven to kill them.
Go out early in the morning and see if there are catarpillars on the leaves. Once the sun is up they tend to hide at ground level.
Didn't try to catch any but they seemed to be the typical white to off gray or tan color moths.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes on sod web worms. Triazamine or other sprays will kill them. Make take more than one application.

Check out Randy Lemmons website for more info and treatment schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Army worms mowed down my Bermuda in the yard a couple weeks ago. Their moths are also white/cream colored . I usually use seven spray but triazamine should kill either kind.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I treated for them once before and remember that it took 2 applications. I remember having the option of spraying but went with granular for some reason. Seems spraying might be more effective, any thoughts?

·
fish control my brain
7,738 Posts
You have to break the egg cycle - but I have not seen a serious issue in your area....

This year with all the rain the grass is literally out growing what they could eat .....

Be sure you are getting down and seeing the worms.....it could of been some other types of moths ...

I'm in Zip code 77092 .... We have not seen this amount of rain in the fall the past two falls ....

I did a treatment of the organic pellets but every rain washes that stuff away---- including the spray

That's why I feel its a waste of money and effort ....

Just spend the money on a good organic fertilizer and put it out heavy .... it slow release will literally keep your grass green longer than anyone else

And be ready to mow every 5-7 days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts