2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on a roll Saturday. We made it all the way to Kemah before something went wrong. So….we limped to the Walmart Stupid Center on a tire with no tread left, bought a lug wrench that fit the trailer wheel, and got the spare on. We learned later that Yung Sun Jim had earlier commented, "That looked like Brent changing a flat in the Wamart parking lot". On to the water, where the Lowrance went blank about half way up the beach.

We went a ways past Scott's first stop and found a good concentration of bait. The conditions were outstanding. There was not a wrinkle in the Gulf's surface, and I could see a coast hawk at least 20 feet down. But the water was as still as the air. We drifted, (and I use that term loosely) through pod after pod of bait. Endless schools of jacks cruised by, under, and around the boat. Sharks circled and kingfish darted by and we could see it all. It was like looking through the glass of the world's largest aquarium. But he fresh shad we had in the water was almost completely ignored by everything that swam. We could hardly give one away. I don't know if there were any tarpon laying around or not, but "the bite" was not on Saturday.

The trip home took us to the south side of Dayton before we had to stop, where we took the flat spare off the trailer, and put the tire with no tread back on. The last leg of the trip took a while at 20 mph down the shoulder, but we eventually made the driveway, one more time…..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts