2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to bowhunting and just wondering how you handle the mosquitos when you are in a tree stand. The dang things just keep biting through my shirt and pants. Can you use OFF and not worry about the deer smelling you? I hunt in east texas and it is almost not even worth taking advantage of the early month of hunting because of the mosquitos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We use a spray called no more bugs sound crazy but it works, it smells like dirt, we also hunt in east Texas and have never been busted with this spray on

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I second both suggestions above. I've used both with success. You can get the No More Stinking Bugs just about anywhere that has a hunting section, even Wal-Mart. I haven't used it since I got a thermacell, that thing is unbelievable...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thermacell is a device that is about 7-8 in long...operates off a small butane bottle that fits in it and has little slips/cards that contain the repellant...Lies flat and does work in tripods! Got eaten up in Del Rio last weekend and made a late night trip to Wal-Mart and got one. Best $30 I've spent n a while! The one that I have is the regular scent, not the earth scent and it doesn't bother the deer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thermacell

Thanks guys, looks like the vote is overwhelmingly that I need to get a thermacell. I need something, I have all but given up on bow hunting this year because of those dang mosquitos. Maybe the thermacell will salvage what is left of the early bow season.

·
1,193 Posts
Thermacell is a must.

·
GOT WHEELS NOW
1,226 Posts
I have no mosquitos here.....maybe too cold....them darn asian beatles though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts