2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team FishBonz
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a friend that is looking at the Mosca's. He can't decide what motor to put on it. He has a TRP available but doesn't know if it is enough power. Also is worried that a higher HP 4 stroke will be heavy and defeat the shallow water take-off thing. Any opinions? Any current owners with pro's and con's of the boat also. Thanks

·
Banned
186 Posts
you need to talk with the people at Mosca they know what will be the best some here might have an opinion on this topic but the guys that put the craft together are the only people that I would listen to if it were me and my 35 or 40 large

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a buddy with the 200 VMax and he loves it. He was not sure if the TRP or even the F150 would have enough power to really get the full benefit of the boat.

Good Luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went on a test ride with Mike (Shimmano Rep - Light Blue Mosca on the web site), and it had a TRP. We had 3 full grown men on-board, and it was popping up in about a foot of water. As well, it was probably running in the mid-40s (and it was not wide open). I have no idea what the top end was. Mike's boat is the "flats edition", not the basic 220-TV, so it's a little lighter. However, I'd assume that the TRP would push the Tunnel-Vee just as well. You can't go wrong with a TRP. Moscas are sweet boats too!
Best of Luck!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
You can also call Scott Murray.. He is running the 22ft Mosca with a 150 TRP.. I talked to him and he said that the Trp is Plenty of motor for that boat.. He runs strickly baffin bay.

Here is his contact information
Mr. Scott Murray 361 877-2090 or 361 297-5122 he has our 22 with a 150 Yamaha .

Thomas

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
get a 1997 pro v TRP that puts out 175hp out of the box, re build it, and put a 100 shot of nitrous....you will fo sho "jump" out of the hull

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
1,259 Posts
300X said:
get a 1997 pro v TRP that puts out 175hp out of the box, re build it, and put a 100 shot of nitrous....you will fo sho "jump" out of the hull
You might "Jump the Shark" with that.

·
Registered
892 Posts
have a good friend with the 4stroke 175 suzuki also and that thing hops up shallow and in a hurry. the blazer is truly jealous. seems like a good match for that rig. he is also running the flats edition with poling platform and power pole. should be the gray rig near the bottom of the pics on the website. haven't checked it out lately. good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts