2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for a little late report but the weekend was pretty busy. Had a trip Saturday with a good friend Jim and several of his friends. Jim took his boat and I had Chris, David and Chris in my boat and Jim had Richard and Bill in his boat. We headed out early to the Reefs in East Bay. Jim caught the first trout of the morning, a nice 23 1/2" on a Topwater and there were many small ones too. We got into some pretty good action for a short period, boxing 6 keepers with many throw backs also. We hit several different areas and found Sand Trout and Gaff tops under the birds and again lots of dink Trout. Pretty steady action just not many Trout of good size. We went in to Bolivar bait camp for a barbeque sandwhich and decided to head out for some King action. Hit a couple of rigs out around 10 miles. It was a little slower than it had been but patients paid off. We boated 2 Kings, 1 big Spanish and 2 sharks and had more break offs than I've had in one day this year. At one point we had a double hook up of Smoker Kings that both took the lines to the rig legs and cut off. I did manage 1 nice pompano while seeing what was on the bottom along with a couple of big fish that broke me off on the bottom also. But we were just using the trout rods with 12 lb test. Anyway it was a great day on the water with some fantastic company.

Attachments

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
WTG Capt. Another nice trip.....best of both worlds in one trip. Nice sized Pompano also.....good eats there!

·
Registered
50 Posts
You are killing me

Can't believe my motor is down with all of this flat water. I should be up in another week or so and we need to plan a two or three boat trip offshore. My scuba gear needs the exercise and there has to be a snapper or two with my name on them. Are you coming to the CCA tournament this weekend? Let me know and we will tag up. Later, Capt. Kyle.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Kyle, Dave told me you were still down, what a drag. Hope you get up and running soon. A offshore trip sounds good. I need one of those really flat days, haven't had one yet this year. I will be at the tournament this weekend, I'm running with another guy in his boat. We'll definately have to hook up. Thanks guys for the comments, those guys had a blast and have already said they are ready to go again. I kinda liked that trip with an early morning trout bite and then head out to some smokin King action. Now if I could just find some weed lines to go with it, it would be totally the perfect trip. LOL!!

·
The Happy Hookers are back
151 Posts
Yea we were at April Fool when yall pulled in (i had my lucky yellow shirt on to)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.