2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I couldn't find the link, but I wonder if it is because of the economy or if the judicial system shut them down because of false advertising. I'm glad for the more reputable Chevy dealerships.

·
Hoping to keep some spare change
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Economic troubles. Article mentioned some of their legal issues, but the main issue was the credit crunch combined with excessive truck/SUV inventory with $4 gas.

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
they were a real hand full ! all my life my dad said "he lives by the the cav moto " " sorry about that " they were for hard cases big % rate just buy

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
This had very little to do with the economy. Bad business practices finally caught up with them.

As I said in an earlier post, you know you're screwed when your main source of lending (in this case, GMAC) pulls all support for your dealerships. This means no financing, no incentives and no floorplan assistance (meaning they have to pay cash for all of the new inventory they accept).

Short-term gain bit 'em in the can...

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
To give you an idea of how that group did business, they didn't tell the employees until the middle of the day today.

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
TxAdam said:
This had very little to do with the economy. Bad business practices finally caught up with them.
This ^

Kelly

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,869 Posts
Jolly Roger said:
Bad business models fail in all economys. This is only a sign of how not to sale vehicals.
I agree...that's no way to sell 'em or spell 'em! :D

Lots of horror stories out of the place for several years now!

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,377 Posts
Harbormaster said:
I agree...that's no way to sell 'em or spell 'em! :D

Lots of horror stories out of the place for several years now!
My spelling is horrible, running joke in my family is my name is only two letters long so I can spell it.

But as luck would have it, what I lack in spelling I make up in mathematics.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I am sorry for the good employees who are now looking for employment. Never dealt with Landmark, but as for Bill Heard... Ain't gonna miss em. Maybe a reputable dealer will take over their operations.

·
Now thats a real boy
33 Posts
I am sad, because I took my truck for service and had a really good service man, Vennie.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad to see Landmark finally get what they deserve. Bought a Pontiac from them about 7 years ago. They took my trade with no problems. Then about 4 days later they called me up and said there had been a mistake and I needed to come back to correct it.They added on an extra few $k on the price of the of the sale. When I said no and asked for my old APV back they told me that it was already gone and that I had no choice but to pay the difference. So good by and good riddance to the crooks.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
SOLD 2.5 BILLION I HAVE A FEELING HIS NAME AND REP HAVE CAUGHT UP TO HIM SO WATCH FOR NEW CHEVY DEALERSHIPS TO POP UP WITH DIFFERENT NAMES SAME FAMILY

1 - 20 of 54 Posts