2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of y'all met Matthew Jacobe when he got his truck a few weeks ago. He had a seizure this Saturday as his family was getting ready to go to Florida. He's sitll in the hospital, he regained consciousness Sat while they were doing the spinal tap. Awake and alert but he can't stand up without pain. Keep him in y'all's prayers for me. I'll let everybody know how he's doing. He's still itching to come race when he gets better.

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
oh man,that is terrible news.i could have gone today without reading sumthin like this.....he will be in our prayers !!!! gbs Matthew

·
Registered
966 Posts
Me and my family send our best wishes to Matthew and his family. Get well soon Matthew! CJ, if there's anything we can do, just let us know.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. They discharged him and he's home this afternoon. Still has headaches when he stands up, apparently that's because of the spinal tap. May take up to a week for that to go away. If he feels better in a few I'm going to go over and let him run his car around and teach his parents how to use the charger and radio, LOL.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
cjtamu said:
Thanks guys. They discharged him and he's home this afternoon. Still has headaches when he stands up, apparently that's because of the spinal tap. May take up to a week for that to go away. If he feels better in a few I'm going to go over and let him run his car around and teach his parents how to use the charger and radio, LOL.
Baby steps bro! :)

Thank God he is doing better. I get a little emotional when our own are down or need help.

Im wondering about something. Would anybody be interested in putting together a small donation type fund for guys like Matthew?

I wont elababorate. Just tweaking yalls creative thought processes and see what developes. Hummm?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Prayers are with the little guy.

When one is having a bad day just remember that this little guy lives with one every day. And does it Smiling. If I can do anything just let me know.

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Prayers have definitely gone out for Matthew from the Daigle Family! CJ keep us up to date on his status.

Biff, what are you thinking of specifically? I'm always game to try and help in any way I can.

PD2:cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm sad to report that I also suffer from seizures, about 1-2 every 3 months. As well as daily back pain due to a very severe seizure November of last year. I thank the lord for everyday I am here. Reason being I might not be here. May 2001 ( I was only 15 at the time) I had two animism's and a ruptured blood clot on the outside of my brain. This caused permanent amnesia from before May 2001. Anything before that is a lost from me forever. So unfortunately since then I have been in and out of the hospital and spent two years of time there. I know this is for Matt, but I also ask for you prayers. Also I'm here to help Matt, I have had a lot of experience unfortunately so I can help out on what to deal with and how to deal with it.

Thanks
RH

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got your PM RH, thanks. I'll talk to his family, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. We're all praying for you too. This was his forst seizure in over a year, the medication appeared to be doing its job before this. They still don't know what caused this one, so the meds may still be working and hopefully it's just a freak thing. He's a trooper, we're going to go by there this week, I'll let everybody know how he is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yep that is how it was with me I was doing well , then towards the end of last year my body just was like ok time to not be healthy. Thankfuly I'm better now, you have to hope for the best and make the most of what you can no matter what.

RH

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Your in my preayers too.

There's a special reason for these things to happen. Among those it also bring people closer together. POWER IN PRAYER!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Bigmax said:
There's a special reason for these things to happen. Among those it also bring people closer together. POWER IN PRAYER!
There IS power in prayer!

Ryan, our prayers are with you too bro. I think most of us have been fortunate as far as our health goes and sometimes dont realize how lucky we are. We take that for granted.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
PD2 said:
Prayers have definitely gone out for Matthew from the Daigle Family! CJ keep us up to date on his status.

Biff, what are you thinking of specifically? I'm always game to try and help in any way I can.

Im not totally sure yet Paul. What we did with Matthew is the things I like to be involved with. And the Shriners of course. Just recently on the electric forum of RCTech, there was a lot of discussion about why people leave the hobby, how to grow the hobby, yadda daadda, Blah blah blah. Biggy and some other guys here have been down that road for many years asking the same thing, and not much has really changed to be honest. I liked one guys question though.

He asked, insted of complaining, what are you doing about it?

Around here were not saving the world, or ending wars, but we do a little here, a little there, and I think thats very, very cool!

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Gary said:
Im not totally sure yet Paul. What we did with Matthew is the things I like to be involved with. And the Shriners of course. Just recently on the electric forum of RCTech, there was a lot of discussion about why people leave the hobby, how to grow the hobby, yadda daadda, Blah blah blah. Biggy and some other guys here have been down that road for many years asking the same thing, and not much has really changed to be honest. I liked one guys question though.

He asked, insted of complaining, what are you doing about it?

Around here were not saving the world, or ending wars, but we do a little here, a little there, and I think thats very, very cool!
That question right there is SOOOO key! It's what I always do - if I'm going to raise a complaint I usually follow it up with a proposed resolution or suggestion of how to improve or make a difference.

Empowering people and getting people to get involved are two different things.

The first half of that statement people already have and most don't even realize it. The second half of that statement is a personal choice that many do not choose cause its too easy to complain, complain about those trying to address the complaint and then ultimately quit than to make the "E" for effort.

As we have debated, pondered and tossed back and forth to and fro we all see areas of this hobby where there is very little to no issues. Most of those are cultural followings - California, Midwest, Northeast, Japan, etc. Its easy to see that the pre-establishment of that culture is why it works in those areas and is soooo much of a challenge in others.

The only thing that we, as a team and as a group of people who love this hobby in our area, can do is to be consistent, diligent and never give up on the establishment of a culture that is similar to that of those huge followings.

Think of it this way..............

The things that we are doing to establish the hobby culture right now will impact the future and culture in the future for this area. Let them see that we started it here and now and that it is because we did not quit that it continues to thrive in this area for the next generations to come.

OK.....I'm off my soap box now. Who's got any ideas for helping this kid and his family out?!?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts