2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a participant of both offshore fishing and offshore drilling, I like to keep my fellow BWB (Blue Water Baller's) informed of rig movement, in particular activity offshore POC in the East breaks area. Below is a link regarding Pioneer's production at Falcon Nest and the posibility of more exploratory drilling in the same area. I suspect this would be in the general area that the Homer Ferrington was drilling couple of years ago.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=14051

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks MakoCLay. It should also be known that the floater Ocean Star is now on location and drilling for Kerr McGee between Nansen and Boomvang. The rig should be there the remainder of the summer. I will try to get a better idea of how long it will be on location and if there is more than just one well to drill.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah the star should be on location for a little while. I would assume.. They were running riser casing this weekend.. We didn't find any fish on it, but If it stays in that location for the summer that should be one of the Hottest Triangles in the Gulf..

·
Registered
858 Posts
Deepwater rigs

Howdy,
Yes, the 2 subsea wells were drilled by the Noble Homer Ferrington a couple of years ago, and the Falcon's Nest rig was placed on top of the shelf to pull the production from those 2 wells up from 3,500 ft. to 391 ft. (The Sunrise rig near Tequila was placed there in Sept. 2001 for the same purpose - to pull the gas/oil up on top of the shelf from the deepwater wells at Boomvang/Nancen/Hoover).

The Ocean Star is currently drilling at EB 688, but it will not be there all summer, as it has plans to move to the Viosca Knoll area.

All the best,
Tom Hilton

·
Registered
973 Posts
Tom Hilton said:
Howdy,
Yes, the 2 subsea wells were drilled by the Noble Homer Ferrington a couple of years ago, and the Falcon's Nest rig was placed on top of the shelf to pull the production from those 2 wells up from 3,500 ft. to 391 ft. (The Sunrise rig near Tequila was placed there in Sept. 2001 for the same purpose - to pull the gas/oil up on top of the shelf from the deepwater wells at Boomvang/Nancen/Hoover).

The Ocean Star is currently drilling at EB 688, but it will not be there all summer, as it has plans to move to the Viosca Knoll area.

All the best,
Tom Hilton
Tom, here is a little info that you have probably already heard about. These are probable completions in the GOM.

East Breaks
Key West - Unocal Spirit (Spar - Block 906)

Garden Banks
Wild Thing - Samedan Oil (Spar - Block 841)
Sumatra - Unocal Spirit (Spar - Block 941)
Two Step - Chevron/Texaco (Spar - Blocks 856 & 857)

Later,

Lumberjack93

·
Registered
426 Posts
Chickenkiller,
Well it sounds like you guys made it out deep. Can you give us a report on what you caught? I hope someone found some wahoo and or dolphin. Where are all the "OTHER" bycatch, good eats fishies at?

·
Registered
551 Posts
J
Chance posted up the report on another thread. Not much to talk about .. Lots of trolling and not many knock downs. What we did hook up to where all nice fish..No Blues, No whites, No Sails. Just bycatch......Hollar at your boy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts