2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Meadowlark you might have created a monster. Went out sunday, monday, and today crappie chasing and had a blast. I think crappie fishing is addicting.
Headed out Sunday with a friend of my son's doing recon mission. Lo and behold who was ahead of me when I hit kickapoo creek; Shadslinger. So I hit a hole that I saw some guys catching a bunch the day before and SS headed on out. About 2 hrs later SS came by and everybody had smile so I knew they had a bunch. Me and youngster only had 2.....but we caught up later..ended the day with 20. Thats picture #1. But me and the younger done some good recon and I had some holes picked out for the next time. And instead of getting 1 dozen of minnows, I got 2 dozen. Then monday headed back out..this time i found SS up the creek.....the group looked to be catching a few so I knew I had hit the spot. Anyone know this boat...that the SS leaving with a boat load of fish. Thats picture #2, ss is the dot in the center of picture. A boat was in the spot I wanted to get ... so i hit another spot and started catching crappie right away. The other boat left so I slide over to the spot I wanted and pulled in several more. Ended the day with 20 crappie again. Thats picture #3. Exciting ride that morning because the fog was thick making the ride to kickapoo fun. Nothing funnier than running thur stumps in fog. Today tuesday 11-24-09, I headed out to my hot spot and wore the crappie out. What a blast....ended the day with my limit 25. Thats picture #4. I really enjoy the crappie fishing. I haven't caught crappie like this since I use to fish with an old man on conroe. I must say many of his old tricks still hold true. Picture 5 is the finished product. I am sure I ll have someone say I shouldn't fillet the crappie....but i didn't want to scale them, so the electric knife went to work. Nice fillets.
So maybe i can say I am not a novice anymore.
Nice meeting you SS. I would have pulled up and holliered at you Monday but your group looked like they where keeping ya busy. So I thought I d give you a break. I am sure we'll run across each other again.
talked to lone eagle....he said he caught 36 Monday in 2 hrs. he was in kickapoo too...but stayed on the main creek. So he's got a hot hole too.

Attachments

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,945 Posts
I agree with you...it is addicting...but I've got to stop keeping until the eating catches up with the catching.:confused:

I have a honey hole also. Last time I went I had three boats bird-dog me to find my hole. Even had a guide/local business owner who left his business and searched the creek for me. Unfortunately he found me and I'm sure slipped into my spot when I left. I could name him and you would recognize him, but really who cares. There are plenty of fish for everyone out there.

I missed your pictures?? Something happen?

·
Lone Eagle
1,920 Posts
Update

Blueseyescowboy, My friend and I caught 50 Monday. Mot a big deal though. Will be out there with the wife tomorrow morning. This will hopefully be all we need to last us for awhile. Am taking some friends Friday and Sunday and will be there Saturday with a guided trip.

Folks, Blueeyes is very correct about it being Addictive. Just gets in your blood and Boy O' boy.....they sure fry up real good.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here's the pics....it takes me so long to type the stuff...I always have to log back on.....so after I add pic...so hope you see them saltH20 really nice crappie. yep I believe that it is addicting...and i do thank you for your advice.....it really made the difference. I stumble upon spots..just knowing what to look for......if I see you out there...I ll make sure to make note of where your at......I made note of ss spot actually went where he was at today and got some crappie right away.....
I love crappie fishing....I liked your post meadowlark about finesse.....I would say that these crappie need Less finesse....because they are really hitting the minnows and swallowing the hooks. Really hungry. and if I had to add my 2 cents it would be....bring plenty of minnows...I had much better luck with minnows that art. lures...many times I could work just one pole because they were biting so fast.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am sorry lone eagle....I do remember you said you limited out (for 2). I think I found your spot too.....but it had boats in it.....and I had my limit but I did polk around the area you mentioned. might give that area a try next time....guess it really doesn't matter much....I see a lot of spots that people are catching good catches. Really nice fishing.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts