2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here are the pictures from yesterday. Wife wanted to finish her Christmas shopping so I decided to scoop up the kids and head South. Arrived around 4:00 and put some corn around in the front yard. Deer seem pretty hungry right now and after about 30 minutes they started pouring in the yard. My daughter said dad look at the pool. I looked out and there was a panting doe drinking out of it. A few minutes later two bucks got in a nasty fight just the other side of the pool. (sorry didn't get a picture) The doe finally moved away and within 10 or 15 minutes she was on the patio and there were 6 bucks surrounding the pool area. She tried to drink from the pool and slipped and almost fell in. That is when I decided to go out and scare her off because I didn't want to try and get her out if she fell in. She eased out in the yard and that is when it happened. A young 10 pointer slid up behind her and bred her. All three of us were standing on the porch at the time watching this entire scenario unfold in front of us. I was an exciting afternoon to say the least. After things calmed down there was an amazing sunset to cap off the day. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1. Doe drinking from hot tub
2. Doe on patio surrounded by 6 ready bucks
3. Buck slipping up on doe (bottom left corner of picture)
4. Self explanitory
5. Self explanitory
6. Pretty nice sunset

Attachments

·
Registered user of Live bait
177 Posts
got yourself a nice deer camp. Been wanting to get a hot tub put in down in Maydelle

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
That #5 pic cracks me up! Thanks for sharing.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
haha.. at least that young un looks like he has potential in the rack department... great pics, very nice place you got there.. you are a blessed man. Merry Christmas to you also.

·
Make America Great Again!!!
2,173 Posts
HAHA, picture 5 reminds me of myself.
Wish i could see that stuff at my place. Your lucky!

·
One more cast....
11,524 Posts
Great pics. poor guy needed some longer legs but he was persistent, I dont blame him. LOL! Have a Merry Christmas.

·
Saw Varsity's Horns Off
554 Posts
You need to get that boy a stool, or a bucket, or something...

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
Thats 2cool..Now you know why over half the time a doe has twins they are from two different buck.. Guess the rut is on.. LOL

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Thats 2cool..Now you know why over half the time a doe has twins they are from two different buck.. Guess the rut is on.. LOL
Yep most does..are hoes.. floozies of the nature sorts..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I don't blame those deer at all, that's what I would be doing. What a gorgeous place !!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts