2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Redd Fisher
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started out with hopes of fishing a couple of new spots on the Gulf Side of the South Jetty but a SE Wind at 15mph with lotsa chop but a dent in those plans.

We headed over to the leeward side of the North Jetty and landed 2 Jack Crevalle and a nice Black Drum. That was it ... other than Dewey's 5 Hardheads and a Whiting. Slow slow day.

Honestly - this seems to be the least effective fishing time of the year for Team DaParson. It is great for the offshore fisherman - but pretty spotty for us Jetty guys. I do believe I have much much to learn about the Jetty during the Summer Months.

Pics are on the blog: http://daparsonfishing.blogspot.com/

Fish Well!
Mark

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Well, atleast you are catching some Jacks. I've yet to fight one of those.
The fish were biting like crazy a week ago from friday and then this past friday the fish were turned off big time. Of course, the water clarity was 10x better the week before.
Are you still wanting to concentrate on just the bull reds or anything around there that will put up a good fight???
Steve

·
The Redd Fisher
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pompano

I stand corrected - one of the fish caught yesterday was a Pompano and not a Jack Crevalle.

And ... yes ... I am an equal opportunity fisher - when the drag goes zing - my heart begins to sing!

Mark

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
Wow a Pompano at the Galveston Jetties? Seeing as you thought it was a Jack did you throw it back? Pomps are fine eating from what I've heard.

Enjoyed the pics and report as always daparson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts