2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I had to go back to Colorado. My mom had been sick and had not been doing very well. Over the last 3 months, she almost died twice. My dad had been doing his best to take care of her at home, but he just can't do it.

We had to put her in a nursing home. She is very weak, and will need a lot of physical therapy. Dad has hopes that she will eventually be able to come home when she is stronger, however I'm not sure that will happen. I had gotten a call from physical therapy saying that they just didn't know how to motivate her into doing her physical therapy.

Mom hates it there and blames my dad for being put into the nursing home. This was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do.

Please pray for my mom.

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
Try to explain to her that it can be a temporary thing if she gets motivated to do her physical therapy and gets better. You and your Dad can define what "better" means.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Father, we lift up Ally Gator's Mom to you and first of all ask you to give her your peace that passes all understanding. Help her to be patient and do her physical therapy so she can get stronger. We place her into your hands, Father. We pray for Ally Gator's Father and ask you to help him to get through this. Help him to be patient with his wife and give him your understanding of her feeling of blame. We lift up the entire family to you and pray for your peace over them all. In Jesus' name we pray.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Prayers for your mom and for you, it is very hard to become the parent to our parents, i know you are going through a very emotional time. Good luck and God Bless.
Cindy

·
swifty
3,234 Posts
Prayers sent her way and yours too.

swifty

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Ally Gator,
Wow. Prayers sent. I am almost in the identical situation. Dad is taking care of Mom and is doing the best he can. We have not put her in a nursing home yet and Dad may not want to. This is really hard.
We might need to PM each other for advice and support.
RT

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Prayers on the way up! I know how tough it can be on a person and a family!!

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,442 Posts
We went through same with with dad and mom. Hardest thing that has ever been done. My Lord, I pray for this family. That you give them peace over their decisions and to count on You for comfiort. Amen.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Keep that glass half full. Godspeed and fair winds. B&P

·
Excel, it's easy to be average
2,153 Posts
Prayers for all, particularly your Dad as you know he would like to take care of your Mom, but can't.

It becomes very difficult to recuperate and build strength once bed ridden.

Charles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts