2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the mouth last friday all day and all day last tuesday. did ok , caught a few trout , but just cant belive all the sharks out there. if you just let a piece of bait just touch the water a shark hits it. i've been fishing that area for years and have never seen it like this. they got so bad and we tied on so many new hooks and leaders that we just left during the prime time. anybody have any idea why these sharks are soooo bad this year. last week should have been gold but all the sharks made it unberiable w/ live bait. top waters worked ok. hopefully this is'nt a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
??

I do not have a clue why the sharks are bad there, I'll tell you this that sharks are bad everywhere this year. I've been all down the coast fishing, I've experienced it for myself, and many others have said the same. I tell ya that it just makes you sick when u throw out a $5 top-water and have it taken by one of these pain in the a _ _'s

·
Rain Rain Go AWAY
1,180 Posts
water

TEALnexttime said:
fished the mouth last friday all day and all day last tuesday. did ok , caught a few trout , but just cant belive all the sharks out there. if you just let a piece of bait just touch the water a shark hits it. i've been fishing that area for years and have never seen it like this. they got so bad and we tied on so many new hooks and leaders that we just left during the prime time. anybody have any idea why these sharks are soooo bad this year. last week should have been gold but all the sharks made it unberiable w/ live bait. top waters worked ok. hopefully this is'nt a sign of things to come.
Water to clear...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The SLP pass bridge was teaming with them rascals last week. Wore are arms out. Ridiculous, could not fish for anything else.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
GetEmGot said:
Water to clear...
I was beginning to think the same thing. But I'm still catching them in churned up dirty water. Fished recently with the clear water line about 2 miles out and a muddy surf. Sharks were still thick as ever.

·
Registered
141 Posts
texasrhino said:
That's why you can only keep 1. There in short supply. Just joking.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about pup sharks. Just because there are pup sharks doesn't mean the shark population is doing good.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea from what i'm hearing they're everywhere. i was thinking maybe it was cause the bernard is closed off but they are all up and down the coast. by the way the reds just aint there at the brazos like usual. either its cause of the sharks or the bernard has something to do w/ it. dont really know whats up w/ the reds. some trout are there, but cant catch any reds hardly. for one reason our mullet hits the water and a shark nails it immediatly. has to be a scientific reason?

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
TEALnexttime said:
by the way the reds just aint there at the brazos like usual.
Man that's the truth. This time of year the bullreds are usually thick in the surf around the MOB. Now, it's nothing but sharks sharks sharks. They aren't all pups either, there's a lot of 3-4 footers mixed in with the 1-2 footers. But ya, the reds are scarce. I miss hooking up with those 40" bulls with my bay rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts