2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that SWEARS by the "jerk lure" MirrOLures. I went and bought some today to try them out this weekend.

Anyone else use these? They look like this: He loves the chartreuse colored ones. Anyone have luck with this style of lure?

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Oh yeah, pick one........anyone! 11, 18 & CH have produced for me especially in the surf!

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
Been a Mirrolure surf chunker since the '60's, but I don't keep up with
nomenclature. I can't tell from your pic (no ring eyes) whether they are deep 52M, shallow 51M or floater 7M. Is the Series III "Jerk" a floater like the 7M?
or does this Series III refer to the color?

I use all 3, lots of different colors, and have had very good luck with the 7M floaters in this new finish in the 18 model (Black back, silver florentine sides) in clear, rough water surf in late summer, bays year round.

Haven't succumed to the urge to get into the 19M's and other new ones, but I have thrown the old 37M, as well as the 72M oversize and little 52's, whatever they are called.

They are all effective. Expect the rattles in the MR series to malfunction;
check them in the box before you buy.

Other than that, I stand by my slick signature.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are the 52 series I believe. All the ones I bought are sinkers (1' per second) with the rattling balls in them.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Me thinks you need one of them there whiz bang sooper computers to figure out all of the MirrOlure nomenclature.

·
Registered
875 Posts
ok ok, I'm not or havent been a hard plastics type but I found this mirro-lure that has recently not only caught my eye, but several 18"+ trout for me. Yep, that number, it IS fabulous, I never ever thought I would or could catch fish on them. This one really changed my attitude. I even stopped buying bait shrimp, it's got me that pumped.

sb:>

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
these are a go to bait, the 28mr is also called the rollover special back in the 80"s. I think I am emembering right the 1 they call the texas chicken was called the seabrook flats special.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I throw a STTR with modified nose pull eye a bunch. Just drill a 1/16" hole in nose in line with body of lure and install a 2nd screw eye there with a little epoxy. I use nose eye in shallow water bays or wade gut surf and top eye in deeper surf and bay water. I have most of the colors mentioned above but have had lots of luck with the BNSBO and the 808 colors. The STTR in 808 is seen below. I dress back hook with flash and feathers to give lure a better look of a torn up rear fin. It's a year around big trout and redfish catcher.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
I use the 51 wading and the 52 from the boat because of the sink ratio's

# 18

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Been using Mirrolures for 25yrs. Certain days and situations there is nothing better. I really like using them in the surf.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts