2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Rod Man
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was troubleshooting why my Minn Kota Riptide trolling motor has stopped running. It is a little over a year old and has been used ~ 10 times. After talking to the service rep and telling him what I found, he states that it appears to be an armature problem. If I turn the prop it will work, each time I stop it I have to turn the prop to get it to operate again. This motor has a 3 year warranty and I purchased it new. He stated that MK will not warranty the armature if they determine you left it on with the prop against the deck so it could not turn, thus damaging the armature. I know this has not happened as my prop will turn and not contact the deck. Has anyone ever hear of this issue with the armature and MK not wanting to warranty it? What are your thoughts.

Thanks,

Pods

·
Registered
782 Posts
Contact Jimmy Clapp from A&M boat service. He is the warrranty repair person for MK in the Houston area. I had an issue with my MK after using it once. Sent him an email with a pic of the broken piece and my information. He immediately ordered me the replacement part and sent me an email when it came in. He met me at my office to pick it up and had it back to me in 2 hours fixed. Contact info below. You've just reminded me to post up about the great service I received.

Jimmy Clapp
A&M Boat Service, LLC
PO Box 84574
Pearland, TX 77584
Ph: 832.423.5471
Fx: 713.893.4831
www.amboatservice.com
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts