2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again...my classes at Santa Fe High School will be sending packages to members of the military for Christmas. We will also be sending Christmas cards :)

We need your help...we need names and addresses!! If you have a family member or friend who is serving our country in any branch of the military, PLEASE provide it and we'll send greetings from Santa Fe HS...if you do not have anyone to whom we can send a package or cards, please consider a donation.

We are collecting items to put in the box (canned nuts, canned cookies--Danish butter cookies, beef jerky, trail mix, lollipops, gum, playing cards, hand-held video games, etc, etc), socks, toiletries (toothpaste & toothbrushes, Germ-X, deoderant--good smelling stuff, etc), and anything you think the guys and girls (we have no girls on our list YET), would like.

If you would prefer to make a donation to sponsor the shipping on the box, the cost is about $12-14/box. You can write a check to SFHS Postage Fund c/o Susan Leining, Box 370, SFHS, Santa Fe, TX 77510 We also accept books of stamps to put on the card. Please contact me with any addresses or questions. THANKS for your support!

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,021 Posts
Any idea what the deadline is on shipping date?

Cousin is about to back in the sand box but he said he would wait to give me an address until he actually knew if it got mail or not, supposedly they had issues on their last deployment about getting mail.

Leave it to the Army to mess something up :)

And a thing you may want to consider sending is those individual Crystal Lite or water flavoring packets, trust me those would be a big hit.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I usually do send some of those flavored drink packets...thanks for the reminder :0

Last year we sent boxes and some took only 5 days to arrive. Others were returned a month later (only 2). So, it's well worth the effort. The date we plan to mail them is before December 11.

Thanks,
Susan

·
The Thread Killer
1,350 Posts
this is the son of a coworker. I was going to PM it, but she wanted to give anyone the chance to send something/write a letter. he will handout carepackages/gifts/letters to his unit

Headquarters Battery
GySgt LeMay, S.E. HQ
3/10 HQ Btry Main
Unit 73365
FPO, AE 09510-3365

1 - 5 of 5 Posts