2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Bill,

I am using Netscape on one machine and mozilla on another. We are done with IE for now. So far, so good. anything we should be watching for?

Jan

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nothing new yet, something in the works but waiting on some reviews.

I use IE just mainly for any windows updates. Every Browser has some type of issue but IE with the majority use and easy flaws is why it gets targeted so much. Think of it like this. Two men standing next to each other, one has a $1.00 bill hanging out of his pocket, the other has a $20.00 bill hanging out of his pocket. A thief walks passed, who do you think he will take the money from? The answer is both if he can.
I think the release of Mozilla 1.7 should be out now but I still would use 1.6 for the time.
6.2 is current for Netscape

There still is a problem for most browsers and it is not code but design flaw. There is some serious works going on because of the way websites use frames. This was released last night and you can check your settings here.
http://secunia.com/multiple_browsers_frame_injection_vulnerability_test/

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just plug n pray

not much you can do for now. This just might take a whole new rebuild and look at how the web is going.

On another note: The awaited SP2 for XP is getting close. I really like having the add-on management tool. This should control the dreaded BHO problems. So far it will list out any BHO's that were not shown and are difficult to detect. (Also most BHO's are not detected by anti-virus and they consider them an expanded threat). On a sad note, the author of CWShredder has called it quits just this past week. Looks like I will go back and just use BHODemon again. It is so hard to keep up with the vastly changing threats.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Bill I got a chance to get a copy of Longhorn Beta. Think I should try it ?

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last I heard

Longhorn was out/gone. (there are people still working on it) I know several people that have "something" they are calling Longhorn Beta but it looks more like a GUI than anything. It loads up with the Windows Longhorn and they have a few mods but nothing that lets me believe it's the real deal. If you get it, let us know, I would like to get my hands on it just to peak around.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I will get it and let you have it to play with I am trying to learn how to use 3DS Max right now. So I don't have time to play with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts