2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
From snopes

From Snopes.com

"On 30 November 2000, the Ortegas announced they had hired a lawyer and were contemplating a lawsuit against McDonald's. Legal experts don't think the family would win an award much higher than a couple of thousand dollars because no one ate the piece or was physically harmed by it. (Even in our litigious society, harm has to be demonstrated, and it's not enough just to claim "I was grossed out by this" to gain the big bucks. A small award to compensate for the shock of the discovery might not be out of order, though.)

Katherine Ortega has posed for a number of photos of her holding the chicken head, which may work against her if she tries to seek compensatory damages for psychological harm arising out of the incident. A jury will have a difficult time believing she is now nauseated by chicken or has difficulty sleeping after being presented with photographic evidence of her repeatedly and voluntarily handling the offensive item.

Those who have taken the photographs note the fried batter on the item looks to be the same as on the chicken wings. The McNoggin, however, has yet to be examined by experts. John E. Smith, owner of the McDonald's in question and two others, states "My ability to conduct a thorough investigation has been delayed because I have not been given an opportunity to examine the object in question. Although I have made several requests to see this object, the customer refuses to give me that opportunity."

An enforcement officer at the U.S. Department of Agriculture who is looking into the case is at a loss to explain how the head ended up in Ortega's order of wings. The first thing that happens in the processing of live chickens into poultry parts is their beheading, with the heads immediately being discarded. The carcasses then go on to the next stage (which is being dropped into the boiling water to de-feather them). Though the process is mostly mechanized, a plant operator helps with evisceration (the removal of the bird's internal organs) and an on-site USDA inspector is supposed to check each and every chicken. How both could have missed a chicken head going through is a mystery.

At this point, not enough is known to determine if anyone is trying to hoax anyone else, if a poultry plant worker or McDonald's employee thought he'd have himself an innocent bit of fun, or if something went severely wrong with the food processing procedures at the plant and thus a McNoggining could happen again. Further information will be provided as soon as it is available."

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Personally, I always liked the feet best! :D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
jetty jumper your nuggets are safe. chicken wings and a little head now that's value. i hope they make that woman take a lie dectector test....rick

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
mcgolfer said:
jetty jumper your nuggets are safe. chicken wings and a little head now that's value. i hope they make that woman take a lie dectector test....rick
ROTFLMAO at Rick, one more beer spewed on the Ol monitor....LOL

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
a throw down chicken head, just when ya think you have seen it all. I would have taken two weeks of free meals, that sounds like a deal to me.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
You Deserve A Break Today At McDonalds....

"Welcome to McDonalds, Can I Take Your Order?"

"Yes I'd like two Happy Meals and a Bucket of Heads please."

"Would You Like Fries With Those Heads, Ma'am?"

"No, thanks, Just The Heads."

"How Do You Want Those Heads, Regular or Extra Crispy?"

"Extra Crispy."

"That'll be $9.38, please pull up.":slimer:

CF?

·
6,429 Posts
ComeFrom? said:
"Welcome to McDonalds, Can I Take Your Order?"

"Yes I'd like two Happy Meals and a Bucket of Heads please."

"Would You Like Fries With Those Heads, Ma'am?"

"No, thanks, Just The Heads."

"How Do You Want Those Heads, Regular or Extra Crispy?"

"Extra Crispy."

"That'll be $9.38, please pull up.":slimer:

CF?
Would you like some honey-mustard sauce with that order of heads Ma'am ???

·
6,429 Posts
Mont said:
man, you guys must have McKentuky's in Baytown/Pearland, or somethin' lmao
LOL Mont, pleeeaaassseee call off this rain, it's prolly my fault, buy a bike and it rains for two weeks.... I gotta get outta this house, need wind in the face....

Going nuts in Baytown

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
oh, now fess up. Great, I just put a post up about this entire situation you personally created and then you do the deed in the wrong thread. I think I saw moss growing on my Irish Setter. At least some of us like it wet ;)

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
"Would You Like To Try One Of Our New....

Badhabit said:
Would you like some honey-mustard sauce with that order of heads Ma'am ???
Ultimate Head Combos?":eek: :eek: OKAY, I'll Stop. CF?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Guess what .........................Chicken butt

Know why..............................Chicken thigh

My kids need to be fed.............................Chicken head LOL....................later,Dave

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder what they taste like????.......................JJ

1 - 20 of 40 Posts