2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been and I'm planning on going this time around.
Are their things that one "must see" while there? I'll have 2 days
to cover as much as I can. Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
6,013 Posts
Miami Boat Show

Howdy,
Let's see...the "must see" #1; South Beach at about 2:00 pm - the European chicks are sunbathing sans tops....

Must see #2; Big Game Room.

Expedition Great White, an Evening with Chris Fischer, Expedition Leader
Friday, February 12, 2010
5pm-8pm
Big Game Room Seminar Stage

The Big Game Room and the Miami International Boat Show are proud to present an evening with Chris Fischer, Expedition Leader of National Geographic's Expedition Great White. Chris will be on hand in the Big Game Room on Friday, February 12 from 5-8pm with a presentation on the expedition and a question and answer period with the audience. Chris will also be on hand to take photographs and sign autographs.

Chris is an expert angler, spokesman for responsible fisheries management and former host of ESPN2's "Offshore Adventures" - one of the most-watched outdoor shows in America in the early 2000s. Chris is also the Executive Producer for "Expedition Great White". Fischer recently launched a multi-vessel mothership operation with plans for an ambitious ongoing oceanic expedition helping to promote sustainable fisheries management and ocean research and education.

Chris and Melissa Fischer have been long time supporters of the Big Game Room and have made an appearance every year since it's inception in 2004. They have a loyal following and their seminars draw a huge crowed to the Big Game Room annually. Past appearances have included Capt. Brett McBride, captain of MV Ocean and Dave Olsen who is an underwater photographer as well as a classically trained chef whose recipes have been published in Gourmet Magazine.

Come by and say hey - Hilton's is in booth 2044B.

Must see #3; Gotta go down Collins Ave. to see the stupid money sitting on the water out there - mega yachts out the yazang.

Must see #4; The Tent. Everyone eventually makes it out back to see what's new in the tent - always something interesting.

Must See #5; The Electronics Room. The newest gadgets are here - stop by the Fugawi Booth to see how you can view and navigate upon Hilton's imagery on the iPhone and/or laptop.

Have Fun!

Tom

·
Banned
896 Posts
MBS

Show can be done easily in two days unless you spend a lot of time doing the "on the water" part of the show.... spending alot of tme hanging out, and talking on those big boats.

The South Beach bars and restaurants get going late 10:00
and stay open to 4:00.
Then the real partiers go downtown to bars that open at 4:00AM and go to something like noon. Ouch!

There are lots of dance clubs on South Beach for blocks.
There is a hot hot hot Salsa Bar on main drag street,
next to beach not to be missed.
Boat Show can be in walking distance to South Beach and many Hotels depending on location..

·
Registered
591 Posts
Great time down there. South Beach is blast. Joe's Stone Crab is a fantastic restaurant and it's where to go to people watch. Last year Alex Rodriguez and several hollywood types were hanging out there.

Bring lots of cash and an empty credit card, everything is expensive. I don't think I found a beer for less the $7 last year.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Make sure to show up to Club Space at 10:00am for brunch or Nikki Beach early afternoon for a nice quiet time :) :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
i think hilton is the 'man' in the Dos XX beer commericials

·
Registered
819 Posts
Bring a credit card and advil you be fine! Been last five years and it has been somthing! Hilton isnt he the one that does the Darodo research?

·
Vendor
6,013 Posts
Dorado

Bring a credit card and advil you be fine! Been last five years and it has been somthing! Hilton isnt he the one that does the Darodo research?
Ha!

First there was the search, THEN the re-search - no Dorado Amigo. I will take you out and SHOW you how to catch some Dorado sometime on the Reef-Man this summer.

See you in Miami Bill.

Tom

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input. Just bought my flight.

Tom, Bob and I will swing by for a vistit. See you there.

·
Vendor
6,013 Posts
Miami Boat Show

Catalina Hotel highlights;

* rooms come with red lights

* condoms in trays around room

* $10 liquor in trays around room (small 1 oz bottles)

* gotta go through disco to get to room

* plenty of girls you wouldn't want to bring home to Mama

* good people-watching place on front porch

* close to Boat Show

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'll be there, someone will need to help Bill back to his room....lol..bring plenty of $..one's bill. Come by the Pro Marine USA booth...that's where I'll be. Look forward to seeing all my Texas friens there!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts