2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try to play with a little mesquite but it is a little hard to come by in California. LOL
If anyone would be willing to send me two pieces about 2"x2"x8", I would be happy to make them a lure using one of the pieces. and retuen it to them.

Any takers?
Tom

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Did you get an error message when you tried to upload it? Maybe it was too large. It needs to be 650 pixels or less on the long side and there is a file size limit as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No there was no error message, just the red X in the box. I use photobucket as a host site.................could that be a problem?

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
That's nice looking...you selling/trading...giving any away??? LOL I love burls!

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
captkb said:
No there was no error message, just the red X in the box. I use photobucket as a host site.................could that be a problem?
Photobucket wil give you am image code option -- it looks like
. You copy that and just paste it in the body of your post and it should show up. Just for future reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help Charles.

Bill, at this moment my supply is very limited and I am trying to hang on to what I have for special projects as they arise. I am always keeping my eyes peeled looking for more and when I do I will let ya know.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Better yet....just send me that burl and I'll take a picture of it for you. lol
I see you had to go and cut it up!! Awesome looking chunk of wood there. What projects have you planned for it? gb

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
captkb said:
Surf Hunter,

I wish I still had some of this mesquite burl in the size you mentioned. I have cut all of this up and have it drying out in the shop now. If I run across anymore like this I will keep you in mind.
What process do you use to stabilize the burl?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is some reallllly nice looking burl. i love it. Those calls you made are sweet as well. One day i want to make a coule of duck calls.
Still doing to many lures right now, gotta change things up a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surf Hunter,
I've got a bunch of Mesquite. Not burled like previously posted. I have 1/2 limbs about 3" to 4" thick and 5" to 6" wide. still with the bark. Heart and Sapwood. You's have to mill it or I could fire up the band saw and cut your request. Let me know.

Bob
Sachse, Tx
214-697-0730

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Turner,
Let me see how this stuff turns, I really like the look of the wood and can't wait to make a coupe of mesquite lures. I should be crankin up the lathe today (the wife swooped it last night so I had to cook dinner LOL) but I get home first today, so its mine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surf Hunter,
Wow!! I'm glad my wife has other hobbies.... She hasn't gotten on my lathe yet. She paints Ceramics and Rosmaling, which I couldn't do if my life depended on it.... So I'm safe for now. Hope dinner was good. Might earn you shop points!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts