2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try to play with a little mesquite but it is a little hard to come by in California. LOL
If anyone would be willing to send me two pieces about 2"x2"x8", I would be happy to make them a lure using one of the pieces. and retuen it to them.

Any takers?
Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mesquite Burl

Surf Hunter,

I wish I still had some of this mesquite burl in the size you mentioned. I have cut all of this up and have it drying out in the shop now. If I run across anymore like this I will keep you in mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
captkb said:
No there was no error message, just the red X in the box. I use photobucket as a host site.................could that be a problem?
Photobucket wil give you am image code option -- it looks like
. You copy that and just paste it in the body of your post and it should show up. Just for future reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help Charles.

Bill, at this moment my supply is very limited and I am trying to hang on to what I have for special projects as they arise. I am always keeping my eyes peeled looking for more and when I do I will let ya know.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,469 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is some reallllly nice looking burl. i love it. Those calls you made are sweet as well. One day i want to make a coule of duck calls.
Still doing to many lures right now, gotta change things up a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surf Hunter,
I've got a bunch of Mesquite. Not burled like previously posted. I have 1/2 limbs about 3" to 4" thick and 5" to 6" wide. still with the bark. Heart and Sapwood. You's have to mill it or I could fire up the band saw and cut your request. Let me know.

Bob
Sachse, Tx
214-697-0730

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Turner,
Let me see how this stuff turns, I really like the look of the wood and can't wait to make a coupe of mesquite lures. I should be crankin up the lathe today (the wife swooped it last night so I had to cook dinner LOL) but I get home first today, so its mine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surf Hunter,
Wow!! I'm glad my wife has other hobbies.... She hasn't gotten on my lathe yet. She paints Ceramics and Rosmaling, which I couldn't do if my life depended on it.... So I'm safe for now. Hope dinner was good. Might earn you shop points!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.