2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run twin Opti's and my mechanic recommended using Mercury's premium plus oil and using their Quikleen additive. I had been buying oil in bulk for $10.99 gallon in Corpus area. Where are you guys buying oil in the Houston area? Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mercury Premium Plus

Was that for Mercury's Premium Plus or a Bass Pro brand? I checked their website and didn't find any. Let me know if it is Mercury's brand of Premium Plus and if so I'll divert that way.

Anybody else getting Mercury's Premium Plus in bulk in Houston, Freeport or Galveston area?

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I use the Premium, and get it @ Academy for 9.99 per gl. Have bought it at several stores at the same price. Wal mart has same stuff @ 16.99, WW

·
Registered
99 Posts
Premium vs Premium Plus

What exactly are the advantages of the Premium Plus over the regular Premium brand? I know the Plus is a Synthetic Blend, but what exactly does that buy you? They also have the 100% Synthetic brand...it's about 30.00/gal. ouch.
thanks
CP

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Here is my $0.02

I have been using the Pennzoil Premium Plus for 3 years now and have had 0 problems. In fact, I had my mercury mechanic check it out during the last service and he doesn't see any difference in those engines vs ones that use the Mercury brand. I buy it at Academy in the 2.5 gallon jugs for about $6-7 per gallon. I had one other mechanic tell me I NEEDED to use ONLY the Mercury brand. When I asked him how is their refining specs on TCW Premium Plus oils any different, he didn't know. If I recall correctly, Mercury doesn't own refineries so they must be buying it from someone else anyway. Just an opinion and definitely saves $$$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts