2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish and grin and I were talking about home cooked menudo. Nothing like the fresh stuff compared to the canned. So, does anyone have any good menudo recipe's they would like to share with us?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've been making it for years. I made menudo from scratch but i always get different results.
I now use Fiesta seasoning which comes in a bottle. I'll use 3 bottles because my wife likes it spicy. You can just add and make it to your taste.
Buy your 10lbs or how ever much you want to make. Cut into small squares bit size and clean all fat off of the menudo.
Just boil and add spices to your taste. comes out great.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I've been making it for years. I made menudo from scratch but i always get different results.
I now use Fiesta seasoning which comes in a bottle. I'll use 3 bottles because my wife likes it spicy. You can just add and make it to your taste.
Buy your 10lbs or how ever much you want to make. Cut into small squares bit size and clean all fat off of the menudo.
Just boil and add spices to your taste. comes out great.
sounds like mine. but i get the already cut at HEB i think

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Get a meskin wife-o. B&P

·
Fish, Eat, Sleep...REPEAT!!
476 Posts
Thats it....friday is going to be doggy poop...gonna be a menudo makin day...
First for me!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Washing the tripe well before cooking helps with the smell and tastes better. some people like pigs feet cooked with the tripe for added flavor. Mullet head is right about it sounding good for Friday.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Also, the tripe already comes cut up but its kinda of big for me so i clean the fat off and cut the big pieces again
I boil the tripe for about 20mins. then clean all the fat that floats to the top then i dump the water that way it is clean. I then start my boil. I dont throw the bottle of spices in until the tripe begins to get soft. Thats probably after an hour of the boil.

Good luck. Its easy if you use the bottle.

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Can't help you with this topic, but I know if you put this album on you will attract many screaming girls with leotards and headbands! ....or so I heard. -Hector

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Also, the tripe already comes cut up but its kinda of big for me so i clean the fat off and cut the big pieces again
I boil the tripe for about 20mins. then clean all the fat that floats to the top then i dump the water that way it is clean. I then start my boil. I dont throw the bottle of spices in until the tripe begins to get soft. Thats probably after an hour of the boil.

Good luck. Its easy if you use the bottle.
X2. By dumping the water from the first boil, you get rid of the smell, and the grease that floats on the top. Now during the second boil, add the spices and hominy. Boil until the tripe is really soft. For added taste when serving, add minced onion, cilantro(coriander), and a wedge of lime.

Don't forget the Dos XX!:brew:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts