2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone headed to Menard this weekend? I know there are some of yall out there. Headed out tomorrow for the first hunt of the year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wish i could go, but alas not to be. The wife and I were there opening weekend. I killed a good buck for our place anyway. They are starting to run does pretty hard. Just alot of acorns on the ground. good luck. I attached a pic of my deer. shot just outside of menard. On the way to Brady about 2 miles from town.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Headed that way as soon as i get off work monday morning. Hope they are still chasing. Does anyone know if it rained there?

Great buck J-haynie. I am hunting 5 miles east of town along the san saba river.

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty good weekend. i didnt take anything. Everything i saw was young. just starting to chase does on our place. first weekend we have seen any sign of rut. should be hot and heavy in a few weeks. that is when we always see the highest activity out there. from thanksgiving to mid December is prime. thats a nice buck for out there Haynie. congrats. saw tons of young bucks, and jillions of does. a few bucks starting to bumb does, but no real chasing yet. We dont use feeders on our place, so the acorns are no problem for us.

·
Registered
322 Posts
JUST GOT BACK FROM MASON (LOYAL VALLEY) SUNDAY, AND HEADED BACK WEDNESDAY THEY ARE CHASING PRETTY GOOD RIGHT NOW THANKSGIVING OUGHTA BE ON THE MONEY TO SEE EM OUT OF THE BRUSH. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts