2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Mel Fisher treasure hunter group based in Key West. They discovered a large part of the Spanish galleon Nuestra Senora de Atocha in 1985, along with another galleon, and have been excavating them ever since. They offer and investment opportunity, and I'm trying to find people with first hand experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I have talk to them several times over the last couple of yrears. I have an investor packet. I also get emails once or twice a week with updates on finds etc. They have a message board on their website. You might try there for more info.

I like the fact that as an investor you can go out and dive the site anytime you like and help with the search. That interests me alot. You also get to keep the first silver coin you find and it does not count against your share. The last i was told.

There is still alot of the Atcoha and the Margarita to be found. They have not found the stern castle of the Atcoha and have only found a very small amount of the Margarita.
With the improvement in technology I expect they will make somepretty big finds in the next couple years or sooner. Most of the treasure has sunk down into the sand. In some places several feet.

Plus the treasure trail is several miles long. It is scattered in a line all over the ocean floor. They have 2 distinct trails from the 2 ships and they plot every detail of every find on a map.
They have been offering a guaranteed return of your investment plus 10% in treasure at the end of your year. They have pleny of treasure, but not plenty of cash for operations. Have you been to their museum in Key West. Pretty cool.

Your investment last one calender year from your investment date. You get your % share of the find during that time. You can buy in for min. of about $10K and and full share is about $80K if I remember right.
They are finding a good amount of stuff. They have found some gold, metal, artifacts, and a pretty good sized emerald in the last week or so. I had pictures in an email this week. PM me your email and I will forward some of them to you.

Have you called and talked to any of them?
I have spoken to Shawn several times over the last couple of years.
I have not taken the plunge even though it interests me alot. Like I said earlier you can go out and dive the site and help with the search and excavation. Anytime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts