2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to drop off a doe and dont feel like driving to Austin to use Hudson's. Does anyone know of a good one around Oak Hill, Lakeway, Dripping Springs, ect....???

Thanks

·
I can't Member
253 Posts
Try "The Buck Stops Here" on Hwy 290 between Oak Hill and Drip. It's behind a taxidermy shop on the south side of the Hwy across from the convenience store at Circle Drive.

·
reelbusy
874 Posts
Stonewall smokehouse, Stonewall Texas. Been taking my venison there for years and I live in Austin. The deer you get is the deer you drop off. Best smoked sausage around. Ask for Rodney.

·
I can't Member
253 Posts
That is right on my way to work; Perfect!

Have you used these guys before????
Yep, I used 'em for about 10 years when I lived out that way. They vacuum seal everything. I think you'll be satisfied. The owner's name is Dan Kohl. I don't have the phone number, sorry. You may want to call ahead though.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked to them.....

Yep, I used 'em for about 10 years when I lived out that way. They vacuum seal everything. I think you'll be satisfied. The owner's name is Dan Kohl. I don't have the phone number, sorry. You may want to call ahead though.
They dont open till 8 so I plan on dropping it off after work. I am just going to get it ground into hamburger and probably about 25% of it into sausage......

·
Banned
726 Posts
Sold..

Danny sold the "The Buck Stops Here" two seasons ago. But he sold it to the guys that were working for him, so pretty much the same recipies, just a little pricier than when Danny owned it. Pretty much everyone is complaining about the price hikes here in the Austin the last couple of years.

Congrats on the doe!

Bobby

·
Banned
726 Posts
Not sure...

Not sure how much now, I quit going to them after they charged me $500 for one S. Texas buck. :hairout:

This year we got charged around $600 for two south texas deer, so around $300 a piece - which still aint cheap - at Hudson's. sad_smiles

Good luck!

Bobby

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know a great guy here in Cedar Park, don't know if that's too far. I've taken all my deer to him for the last 2 years after getting a referral from a guy at church. I took 4 deer there last year. One I got the entire thing made into smoked sausage and pan sausage and it was only $120 or so...great recipe. He doesn't have a retail location, but you can drop it to him at work and will get it back in a week or so. PM me if you want more info...

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used Granzines a couple years ago. Good stuff but since I changed jobs it is jut not convienient.........

Bobby, 300$, *** did you get made???

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
lmao

Gotta love ole Conway, Congrats on the doe.
Hope the kiddo's are well.....Stay Warm.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Too much!!

We had made:

10 pds. of Summer suasage
10 pds. of dried suasage
10 pds of chili meat
the rest of it into smoked Jalapeno and Cheese sausage - this is what killed us.

Now everyone I know is getting smoked suasage from me!

BR

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
We had made:

10 pds. of Summer suasage
10 pds. of dried suasage
10 pds of chili meat
the rest of it into smoked Jalapeno and Cheese sausage - this is what killed us.

Now everyone I know is getting smoked suasage from me!

BR
pm sent with address :)

·
Banned
726 Posts
J

J, your too funny! I did mean to offer some to Mark.

I once gave some to another 2cooler and TKFer as he was coming thru Austin - I think his name was Barnicle Bill.

Seriously, if your ever in Austin let me know, I have plenty to share.

BB

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I've had some of that smoked sausage and it is absolutely wonderful. My 13 yr old daughter fell in love with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts